Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issue with portfolio thumbnails

avitko
Ilya M Member Since: Aug 22, 2017
1 of 15

Hello to all !

I need to upload a picture to my portfolio, that it's displays in thumbnail clearly and without any blur.

I know that now Upwork are downsampling uploaded images to certain size (i've already read the related topics? but still not found exact answer)

Could anyone tell me, what the exact size (in pixels) the thumbnail picture should be, that to avoid any quality loss (blurs and so on like that) ?

Thanks in advance !

P.S.
If you look at attached picture you will see that thumbnail quality are pretty poor :-(

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 15

Ilya, I have a macbook pro with a retina screen, and the thumbnails look fine to me.

3 of 15

Hello John !

Thanks for your comment.. it's very strange, i use ordinary monitor (non retina) and thumbnails is looks awful.. all are blurry, i also checked it on my tablet pc and result are the same.

barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
BEST ANSWER
4 of 15

Don't upload thumbnail size. Upload large and resize after upload.

View solution in original post

avitko
5 of 15

Thanks !

glorydefender
Branislav J Member Since: Sep 7, 2018
6 of 15

This solution not works for me.

I still have blurred picture of my portfolio project.

Help

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 15

Hi Branislav,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
glorydefender
Branislav J Member Since: Sep 7, 2018
8 of 15
I thinking... maybe is something about pixel PPI resolution? Just guessing.
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
9 of 15

@Ilya M wrote:

Hello to all !

I need to upload a picture to my portfolio, that it's displays in thumbnail clearly and without any blur.

I know that now Upwork are downsampling uploaded images to certain size (i've already read the related topics? but still not found exact answer)

Could anyone tell me, what the exact size (in pixels) the thumbnail picture should be, that to avoid any quality loss (blurs and so on like that) ?

Thanks in advance !

P.S.
If you look at attached picture you will see that thumbnail quality are pretty poor :-(

I'm on an ancient MacPro with an equally ancient monitor, and they look good to me. That said, the files seem to be a little large in the amount of time they take to load. I would reduce your file sizes considerably.

I always make a thumbnail file with a different size from the main file - everyone has their own way.

jmccpa
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
10 of 15

Ever since the controversial font change in Profiles, my professional certificates in the portfoloio have been

truncated.

They were fine before the font change.

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS