cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the automatic review algorithms.

Highlighted
Hovakim S Member Since: Dec 17, 2014
1 of 3

Hello, 

Back in December 17, 2014 I've recieved one of your "review" letters "During a routine review of your account, we found that client satisfaction with your work was below average when compared to other oDesk freelancers. We understand that one-off issues can occur with challenging clients or contracts....

about which I wrote in-depth in a separate topic when it happened: http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/I-m-being-threated-by-oDesk/m-p/58811#U58811

On February 5, 2015 my account got suspended despite me not having done any work in that period. I wrote about it in depth in an additional post in that topic, but it got deleted with no explanation.

On March 5th, 2015 I've received an email from Jeff Chen, Vice President of Trust and Safety. Stating that "We failed to identify that some of your jobs are with long term clients, and that the projects continue to be successful. As a result your score fell, and we mistakenly took action against your account." Also he said that the issue has been fixed and that my account has been reinstated. 

Since then I've done three jobs, two of them are still in progress. One for a long-term client, and the second one is a test project for another long-term arrangement.

Third job was a very small one and the client didn't leave any feedback despite me asking twice for it.

So today, 19 days after the issue was resolved I'm getting another "review" letter. "During a routine review of your account, we found that client satisfaction with your work was below average when compared to other oDesk freelancers. We understand that one-off issues can occur with challenging clients or contracts....

Clearly whatever it is that was supposed to be fixed, hasn't been fixed. Please look into it, I believe this is a simple issue with your algorithms and I'm looking forward to hearing back from you. I hope this will get resolved soon.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
2 of 3

I found an email message today from oDesk for the first time saying my client satisfaction is below average. I'd love to know how we can get  proper reviews / ratings when the client decides to go "vanishing act" for no given reason?

Side note: I say "proper" review / rating with good reason. You really should get them  as deserved. But clients can get careless about this on many occasions as seen by so many other posts in these forums.

The oddball part is that 2 of my clients REQUESTED more work from me and then went "vanishing act".One via oDesk messages and the other via email messages.

From the other 2 I have, I just submitted work 2 days ago to one of them and the other asked that I wait while he resolves technical problems with his website. I have no disputes, no problems, and no infractions of the rules. Next thing I know, I get a "warning" message. What the what??!!

Apparently, their "check" doesn't and/or can't check everything. Obviously that means nothing to anyone that made or uses said "checks" because this problem is ongoing.

Had they simply asked us or made sure their "checks" worked FIRST, things like this could have been prevented. Nothing happen to me or my account. But I'd rather not have my time wasted with "warnings" from a "check" that clearly doesn't work properly.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 3

Hi Hovakim,

I have followed up with the Team about your account status and somebody will reach out to you with more clarifications as soon as possible.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS