cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with attachments

Marco D Member Since: Oct 31, 2017
1 of 8

Hi,

So lately I've been bumping again and again with issues related to attachments, this is happening in two different ways:

- When submitting work/requesting payment for milestones.

Clients often report that there is no attachment where there absolutely was. I am not sure if this is an oversight on the client's side not looking/clicking where they should on they email they receive when the work is submitted.

- On the new job's preview page.

When clients attach a file this is not visible in the new job preview page, and cannot be seen unless you click on "Open job in new window". So if you are not careful and double check on the job on a new window, you might end up sending a proposal telling the client they forgot to attach their file when in fact they didn't.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Whether an actual issue or not, it certainly would be ideal if things could be somehow improved so as to provide more clarity and avoid mistakes on both the freelancer and client's side.

Cheers,

Marco

Ace Contributor
Abbey B Member Since: May 14, 2016
2 of 8

For your first point about clients not being able to see the attachment, it is a known issue:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/I-can-not-view-the-attachments-I-sent/td-p/376930/highli...

I just go through the motions of the request payment/submit work, then attach the document in messages. It seems like Upwork should, at the very least, inform clients that it's a problem, so clients don't think we're trying to stall for time. 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 8

And to your second point, I see attachments in the preview window. Perhaps try a different browser.

Ace Contributor
Jorex D Member Since: Nov 17, 2016
4 of 8

Greetings me fellow colleagues XD

Just recently, I got baffled by my clients saying they don't see any files attached when I submit a work for review. Does this occur to you? Or it's just on my end? Thank you for anyone who can shed a light for this one.

Best regards,
Jorex

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 8

Hi All,

There is a known issue with accessing some milestone submissions via View Details link in Messages. Our engineers are working to solve it and I'll share your feedback with them.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Diane K Member Since: Jul 6, 2018
6 of 8

You have a know issue but, the artist is done and I want to pay him so now what . I am not paying him unless I get my files. So how do I get them? 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 8

Upwork has no rules restricting how you exchange files. Use any method you like.

email

FTP

Dropbox

Google Drive

flashdrive

etc.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 8

@Diane K wrote:

You have a know issue but, the artist is done and I want to pay him so now what . I am not paying him unless I get my files. So how do I get them? 

There is no "known issue" as such, other than that from time to time some people have a transient problem with submitting files through the submission process.

The post you responded to is from last year. Hundreds of thousands of files have since been moved successfully Smiley Wink

As Preston said, get your freelancer to send you the files any which way that suits you.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS