cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with identity Verification (EGYPT)

Highlighted
Haitham E Member Since: Feb 22, 2017
1 of 6

Just when I got my first client and was thinking things were going too well:

I just got the message "Action required: Before you can submit job proposals, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here".

after I looked into it further I found out that

1 - I must show my ID (which should have my name that I assigned when I joined upwork).

2 - I must show a recent billing statement.

So I have some issues/questions for that

1 - My country's name system isn't firstname-lastname.

basically my legal name is Haitham Mohammed Ibrahim Mohammed...... El-Alphy. so "Haitham Mohammed" isn't valid, neither is "Haitham El-Alphy" for that matter. But of course I typed my "last-name" for the last name field. So what's the approach in a situation like that?

Besides my ID is in Arabic, will the agent be Arabic to verify? or do they have another way for similar cases.

2 - Hmmm.... I don't pay bills!

from what I understand only billing statements are accepted.. shoud I rent some apartment just to pay its bills or what? 

I hope someone can answer. I truly think that system crossed the line. verifying that your face is the same as your personal picture is more than enough in my opinion, but what can I say.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Haitham,

You don't need to submit documents for verification at this point. As explained in the notification the team sent you earlier today you need to complete your profile video verification. In order to do it, log into your account, go to this page and click the button to "Verify Your Account."

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Mohamed K Member Since: Feb 17, 2019
3 of 6

Hello hitham i have the same problem with verification did not pass new statment stuff please if resovel that problem tell what to do.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4 of 6

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you have an open ticket regarding your verification. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your ticket very soon. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your account and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Mohamed K Member Since: Feb 17, 2019
5 of 6
Thank you so mush the problem for me is the statement i don't have
something like it even all of the bills do not have names or addresses its
more like small paper.
Highlighted
Community Leader
Nicole H Member Since: Nov 15, 2007
6 of 6

You can get a passport and it will be in English.

You can also get a copy of your birth certificate issued in English from any police station that issues birth certificates.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS