cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with proposals and invitations, when I became "Top rated"

annathestarppf
Anna A Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
1 of 5

Hi all ! I have a some issues , i think ( Maybe not and i'm dumb? Smiley Very Happy ) . When I was not a Top Rated ( JSS 93-100) ,I had a lot of invitation and my proposals mostly has been viewed by clients. Now, when I hard worked and become Top Rated  - I don't have any invitation , my propasals are not viewed (maybe invisible for client ?), my stats is falling down (Lines "you are viewed", "you are hired" become below average Smiley Frustrated) .I do the same as before (pricing, cover letter, portfolio are improved).

I saw same topics in Upwork Community , but they without solution . Maybe problem in myself .

Maybe anybody had same problems , and knows how to solve this.

Thanks you for any answers.

nahidrajbd
Community Leader
Nahid H Member Since: Apr 9, 2011
2 of 5

First guess is that this is the common stress problem. If you get rejected or unviewed for number of jobs you get to think about being in block list or being hidden. But the real scenario is those options are highly rare. Keep posting your interrest on jobs, try on different time frame, try to engage more with skill based group to know some latest update about works. & finally don't give up.

annathestarppf
Anna A Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
3 of 5

Thanks for reply, I don't give up

holymell
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
4 of 5
You've got some great reviews!

You're letting a slump get to your head. Don't. You clearly make your clients happy.

We all go through these periods where we feel like we've lost our edge because we have few or no jobs. It's hard to stay positive. But try. Because you have done a great job so far. It's just a slump. It will pass. Give it two weeks. You'll get work 🙂 someone will pop up out of the blue and need your help. That's what always happens to me. It's either ten jobs or one. Really.
richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
5 of 5

For what it's worth, I've also had poor success with proposals since getting my top-rated badge a few weeks ago. But I don't think the two are  connected. It's just a bad patch. (Or it's just possible if might have something to do with trying out a slightly different approach to writing proposals.) I am getting invitations at the moment--it seems to be my turn in the rotation--but they're not doing me any good. Fortunately, I've had some continuing work to do on an older job.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS