🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Issuing a Refund
Page options
911edit
Community Member

Issuing a Refund

I accidentally billed the wrong client for 6 hours, 20 minutes. Then I said, OK, pay me without checking who the money was coming from. So the money is in my bank account, and Upwork keeps telling me I don't have enough of an available balance to refund the client's money. I've worked plenty enough hours this week to have the amount available. What is going on???

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

Mary T wrote:

I accidentally billed the wrong client for 6 hours, 20 minutes. Then I said, OK, pay me without checking who the money was coming from. So the money is in my bank account, and Upwork keeps telling me I don't have enough of an available balance to refund the client's money. I've worked plenty enough hours this week to have the amount available. What is going on???

Refunds come out of pending, so you have to wait until it's in pending to refund.

911edit
Community Member

Thank you! So it's in pending on Monday? My client is being very sweet and understanding but I feel like an idiot. I clicked on the right client but the wrong one then popped up for adding manual time and I didn't notice, but no excuse on not reviewing the time log. I tried it and it happened again and again.

petra_r
Community Member

Mary T wrote:

Thank you! So it's in pending on Monday? 

Money from last week's hours will be in Pending from Saturday this week onwards. As you're top rated, it should be available Friday.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members