Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is Thursday

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 10

Cloudflare issue persists.

When you ARE able to get onto the page and wish apply for something - little wheel turns and 'this is taking a little longer than usual' pops up, and the job feed page gets a white sheen.

You try navigating, and...no, you can't.

etc. etc. etc.

Methinks it is time to take a hiatus, get onto Fergus' suggestion of starting a blog, look into other options, go watch a movie, and go read a book.

Besides, who knows who might get banned next, or...hey, here is a thought....your JS being affected by god the algorithm. 

(Yes, I am being sarcastic, and yes, I fully expect this post to be deleted as well).

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
2 of 10

I expect to be deleted as well so might as well jump on the bandwagon!!

starting a blog is right up my alley... maybe i'll have some guest bloggers who knows? or I'll be a guest blogger? good to put on my portfolia in either case!!! Smiley Happy 

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 10

I thought there was a little sunny spot today when I sent a proposal with a sample and could actually read the name of the file I was sending. However, I was probably sending it to oblivion, as the client is never likely to see it. Smiley Sad

Mariska, tell me where to look for your blog . . .

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 10

When I find it Nichola, you'll be one of the first people to know!!! Smiley Happy 

d_lidwell
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
5 of 10

Yep, I've already started looking at alternatives and suggestions Fergus provided me with. I suppose I was rather foolish placing all of my eggs into one basket. Although, to my credit, before I had to take time off work before, I was looking into alternative income streams anyway.

I won't leave Upwork completely. However, in light of recent events, I will not be applying to new jobs. I'll still use Upwork for the current contract that I have open, as well as check messages to see if I have a response from the pending proposals and active candidacies I've had pending all week, and respond to any invitations I get, if any. Other than that, I'm keeping my options open. The platform is just too unstable right now, and some of the bugs are too severe. Once the site is more stable, with less [severe] bugs, then I'll begin actively placing bids. This will hurt my JSS (oh way, I don't have one!), but I feel it's the best option for me right now.

allergywriter
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
6 of 10

I have a blog about my gardens at

http://survivalgardens.blogspot.com/

I haven't posted there in ages, maybe it is time to do some updates.  While there isn't much to be done in the garden in the summer in South Florida, I have already started some tomatoes and have been harvesting okra and purple hull peas.

At least I am still getting steady work over at E-Lance.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
7 of 10

When the problems started again last week I took down my blog and hired someone for $50 to set up a wordpress blog for me and changed the entire focus to be about "Hire Me".

Best $50 I ever spent. Had a job offer within hours of sending out an announcement, that paid more than I make here and my blog is still up and working. It's amazing to have something that works !!! every day!!

I can give you the guys name if you are interested in doing your own blog for work.

d_lidwell
Community Guru
8 of 10

@Jean S wrote:

When the problems started again last week I took down my blog and hired someone for $50 to set up a wordpress blog for me and changed the entire focus to be about "Hire Me".

Best $50 I ever spent. Had a job offer within hours of sending out an announcement, that paid more than I make here and my blog is still up and working. It's amazing to have something that works !!! every day!!

I can give you the guys name if you are interested in doing your own blog for work.

Hey Jean, I would love it if you could pm me his name as well as your blog so I can check out the type of work he can do! Please feel free to pm it to me.

Blogging isn't something I'm planning to jump right into within the next week, or even month, at the moment, but I'd love to note his name down so that when I am ready to go that route, I can at least have one person to contact.

Thanks! 

d_lidwell
Community Guru
9 of 10

@Cheryl K wrote:

I have a blog about my gardens at

http://survivalgardens.blogspot.com/

I haven't posted there in ages, maybe it is time to do some updates.  While there isn't much to be done in the garden in the summer in South Florida, I have already started some tomatoes and have been harvesting okra and purple hull peas.

At least I am still getting steady work over at E-Lance.

You can always come to my house in PA and work on my garden! LOL I'll even let you blog about it! Haha. 

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
10 of 10

I have taken the same tactic as Irene, except no blog. There are other freelance sites out there, and there are other ways to get clients. There is no point in trying to use Upwork until they fix the site. Hopefully that is soon, but it could be never. If the site has issues to begin with, adding another thousand(s) freelancers/clients is not going to fix it.

The bugs were bad enough, but when people started seeing other people's profiles, well, I have lost all trust. And another big issue for me is the extra 7 days to get payment. Elance never did that, other sites don't do that. I don't believe money is being held for "security" reasons, and I have a real issue with corporate greed. I am scraping to make a living, while Upwork makes billions. They should get to use my money for an extra week? Um, no.

Keep your options open here, but I say, move on.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS