🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: It is not safe to download this file
Page options
ihtiht
Community Member

It is not safe to download this file

I got my first job. But I have a problem. When I try to download the files sent by the employer, I get an error. "It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support." I need these files to do this job.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Ibrahim,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Ibrahim,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ihtiht
Community Member

I'm designing my employer's business card. This job requires me to learn my employer's contact information. That's why my employer wrote his e-mail address as a message. I think that's why my account has been suspended. Please understand the situation. And activate my account.

Hi Ibrahim,

I checked and could see that your profile doesn't have any limitations and it is already active.

I would like to clarify that it is a violation of Upwork’s Terms of Service to request or share this kind of information before a contract starts. Waiting to share this information until a contract starts, can also help keep you safe. Feel free to check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, 
I've received the error message 'It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support.' It is currently a file in my only Active Milestone and it comes from a client whom I have worked with dozens of times. 

I have asked her to re-send the file, but due to the time difference she may not be able to until tomorrow. May I ask what might cause this kind of problem?

Hi Stephanie,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Stephanie J wrote:

Hi, 
I've received the error message 'It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support.' It is currently a file in my only Active Milestone and it comes from a client whom I have worked with dozens of times. 

I have asked her to re-send the file, but due to the time difference she may not be able to until tomorrow. May I ask what might cause this kind of problem?

I've seen that a few times, and I think what's happening is that Upwork's malware checker is seeing something in the file that it thinks is a problem, and there's a good chance it's confused. If you open a ticket with support, they'll provide a link to the file, but in my experience, it's usually faster to get the file from the client. 

Since you're working with this client a lot, you may want to consider transfering files a different way - either through email, Dropbox, or Google Drive.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members