🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » It is possible to report client's feedback re...
Page options
billyadelphia
Community Member

It is possible to report client's feedback response ?

It is possible to report/remove client's feedback response ?

My worst ex-client ever just threaten me by adding my wife's name into his response feedback. And the public can see it !

He said `I’ll take <my wife name> for a spin next summer` on the my feedback response.

He surely look into my name and find all about me.

This is just unbelievable.

13 REPLIES 13
a_lipsey
Community Member

Bily P wrote:

It is possible to report/remove client's feedback response ?

My worst ex-client ever just threaten me by adding my wife's name into his response feedback. And the public can see it !

He said `I’ll take <my wife name> for a spin next summer` on the my feedback response.

He surely look into my name and find all about me.

This is just unbelievable.

I do not see it on your profile. But definitely Upwork should remove something inappropriate like that without punishing you for it. That sounds just like a nightmare client. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. 

Thank you Amanda for your answer.

How can I say this, It's on the feedback response on my feedback on him.

I already requested upwork to remove his public feedback on me, since I'm a top rated.

But my feedback on him still exist, and he response on that threaten me ..

Should I just report my issue to upwork support ?

Bily P wrote:

Thank you Amanda for your answer.

How can I say this, It's on the feedback response on my feedback on him.

I already requested upwork to remove his public feedback on me, since I'm a top rated.

But my feedback on him still exist, and he response on that threaten me ..

Should I just report my issue to upwork support ?

I found the feedback you mentioned. It doesn't show on your profile. A client may not even notice it since it's in response to your feedback and they'd have to click thru. You should definitely ask support if they can address it since it mentions your wife in a derogatory way. 

youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Bily,

I am sorry that you had such an experience with such an impolite client. This is totally unacceptable.

I don't see this feedback on your profile. If he told you that he will do that in Upwork's chatbox, just flag his message. And don't worry much because I believe Upwork's team will definitely remove such feedback if he wrote it. 

JoanneP

Hi Bily,

Could you please confirm the contract ID you're referring to so I can check?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne, I'm going to PM you the contract ID.

But I just talked to one of upwork support, the support already remove my wife's name.

I'll also ask the support that it possible to report this client, but the support said : `we cannot see any violation on the comment itself aside from adding your wife's name that has already been taken care of. If you have other evidence about the actual threat, then you may contact us back for another report and we'll be glad to further investigate it for you`.

petra_r
Community Member

Bily P wrote:

He said `I’ll take <my wife name> for a spin next summer`

There is no name and it does not mention anything about your wife. It's just a barely coherent rant.

incoherent.png

It's also not "a threat" really. The client sounds a touch unhinged, but clearly with you and the client being half a world away from each other, there is no real "threat."

Having read through the client's feedback to you, this will probably not get resolved in mediation and will have to go to arbitration and I hope the client whose software you sold to this client was either not an Upwork client or consented to their bot being sold on...

This has the potential of getting very messy for you.

Upwork already remove my wife's name because I have already asked to the support about it.

elias_79
Community Member

Hi friends at Upwork,

I have same issue here with a client. She has mentioned in the feedback that I have threatened her, using such literature for a feedback specially when it's not been true can destroy a freelancer's career. The client wanted to get a lot more than what she wanted to pay and it was totally hard to deal with her. Could you please take a serious action regarding this situation? 

It's not really interesting that people with personal issues project their problems unto the freelancers. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks,

Alireza:
It is extremely rare for Upwork to intervene with the feedback system.

There are specific rules and guidelines that Upwork follows.

MOST client feedback is NOT a candidate for Upwork to intervene and change it or remove it.

You can read more about this process, and what you might be able to do here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Removing-false-review/td-p/519581

Understand that I can't read what the client wrote, because I am just a regular Upwork user, and your profile is currently set to private.

I know that you said the client's feedback claims that you threatened her. But that doesn't necessarily mean that Upwork would change anything. I don't know what the client's feedback actually says. It could say "The freelancer said that he would no longer work on my project if I didn't let him take weekends off." That would constitute a "threat", but Upwork would not necessarily change or remove feedback like that.

Well! I am a person of logic. I saw that the client is adding more and more modifications to the work while it was exceeding my working rate. Despite the fact I had worked a lot for her I cancelled the contract without any expectation because I wanted to work on the projects whith better situation. But she insisted and offered another contract, I accepted despite my desire, when the work finished, she wrote those things on my profile. What does upwork do in this kind of cases. This is her website: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

The client needs my work quality, but she wanna get 10 times more than what she pays, she insists on making agreement, she gets the job done with even source files and then she writes there that I am threatening her! What kinda logic accepts this behavior?

My Upwork profile is not private, Upwork users can see it.

Alireza S wrote:

Hi friends at Upwork,

I have same issue here with a client. She has mentioned in the feedback that I have threatened her, using such literature for a feedback specially when it's not been true can destroy a freelancer's career. The client wanted to get a lot more than what she wanted to pay and it was totally hard to deal with her. Could you please take a serious action regarding this situation? 

It's not really interesting that people with personal issues project their problems unto the freelancers. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks,

No, she did not. She wrote you threatened to close the project midway, meaning leaving her with nothing but the trouble to find a replacement. If she asked for unpaid work, you should have mentioned it in your reply to her feedback instead of commiting profile suicide.

petra_r
Community Member

Alireza wrote:

using such literature for a feedback specially when it's not been true can destroy a freelancer's career.

What can REALLY destroy your career is your response to that feedback, which basically confirms the client's feedback. 

In almost all cases a freelancer's response to poor feedback makes the matter worse. Yours is a perfect example for that.

Could you please take a serious action regarding this situation? 

There is nothing about the client's feedback that would warrant any action from Upwork. The only way you could get rid of that feedback would be a full refund (which I am not suggesting, I'm just telling you the only option).

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths