🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » It says "Military Veteran" on my account. The...
Page options
11653bd1
Community Member

It says "Military Veteran" on my account. There must be a mistake.

Hi UpWork!

My account says "Military Veteran" for some unknown reason. I did not change this option. It caught my eye today. I did not do my military service, but I appear as a military veteran. I changed the status, but the profile I saw says "Military Veteran". I ticked the option I did not do my military service. Has this situation changed?

11653bd1_0-1639862116264.png

I changed the option but it still shows me as military veteran.

Thanks
Oguzhan.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Oguzhan,

What you're seeing on your end is the option to add Military Veteran status. Note that your public profile does not display that you're a Military Veteran. You can confirm this by clicking the "See Public View" option when you visit your profile.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
richardrader
Community Member

Looks like I am a military veteran too lol. I guess UpWork is giving these out from our battle scars from previous clients 😄

Richard, I'd love to see that being the official reason. So many here would count as veterans. Some have even seen the infamous trench war if I'm reading some of the posts right. 🤣

I myself might only compare to those lucky **stards who've been through a bullet rain more than once but came through every time without a single scratch. It must be my trusted coconut helmet. 😁:desert_island:🤪

Alternatively, it could be the case that Uncle Sam wants you! Desperately. 😇

LuiggiR

Hi Oguzhan,

What you're seeing on your end is the option to add Military Veteran status. Note that your public profile does not display that you're a Military Veteran. You can confirm this by clicking the "See Public View" option when you visit your profile.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hey Luiggi, good day. Yes, you are right that it does not show on the 'Public Profile View', but it should be solved and everyone should be verified according to their 'Core Skills/Niche'. 

What is the solution to this issue?

There is no solution necessary. The option appears on every profile, see the announcement section. If you don't activate it, is it invisible in the public view. 

It is definitely necessary. I do not would like to see a wrong info in my profile. There is something wrong in the end and it should be corrected.

krayzen
Community Member

For some reason, the military verification badge is showing in my profile when I keep clicking and saying I have not served in the military. 

d0729fb8
Community Member

Hi! In the verification, my profile appears as a Military Veteran. ¿Someone tell me how to change it, please? Thank you very much.

Dont worry, you arent listed as Military Veteran

You can see that option without checkbox.

michael_fp
Community Member

Hello! That's a relief that it is invisible in the public view, just confirmed it now after reading this discussion. I just saw that label myself on my profile, though not displayed in the public view, today, and was alarmed to be identified as something I wasn't, never ever been. There seems to be something wrong though if it says on the private side of profile that I am a military veteran, even though it is not activated. Because I am not. Just wanted to air that, too.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

I want to clarify that to have the icon on your profile, you will need to add it through the self-reporting tool. This feature allows military veterans from any country to self-report and have a military veteran icon on their profile. If you click on the "+" icon beside the "Military Veteran" section on your profile, you will have to add it by following the prompt in the self-reporting tool. 

This is not a bug, and it is working as designed. If you have no military background, you can ignore the tool as it does not affect your public profile in any way. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
michael_fp
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thanks for this further explanation, did figure it out but this is great confirmation. Guess the default that was selected in my private profile--the I am a veteran thing already checked/selected out of the three options instead of a more neutral choice--had me surprised and worried for a moment.

Regards,

Michael

1b4b63d0
Community Member

Hi Pradeep. I am also seeing the Military Veteran status in my profile. I tried to change it, but it keeps showing.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martha, 

This is working as designed. This is a self-reporting tool to allow military veterans from any country to self-report and have a military veteran icon on their profile. If you have no military background, you can ignore the tool as it does not affect your public profile in any way. 

You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
arsalanodesk
Community Member

Hi. I accidently add military veteran. But I did not perticipate any military services. When i go back and choose its still appear to serve the milatery of pakistan. Please remove the military option as I did not serve any milatery option. Thanks

Hi Arsalan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that I checked and you did not add Military Veteran status to your profile. What you're seeing on your end is the option to add Military Veteran status. Note that your public profile does not display that you're a Military Veteran. You can confirm this by clicking the "See Public View" option when you visit your profile.

You can find more information here. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4d80bcce
Community Member

My profile have only militery veteran option how can i get another options

Hi Mihreteab,

Thanks for reaching out. If you are not a military veteran, just choose "I did not serve in the military."

~ AJ
Upwork
138a4dcc
Community Member

I am having the same issue with my profile. When I click on it to change it to no military service, it does not change what is on my profile. I don't want ot mislead any potention clients, how can I resolve?

Hi Suzanna,

You do not need to edit it on your end. When I look at your public profile myself, it doesn't show. However, it'll always show the option by default for you to edit it if you're viewing your own profile. You can confirm it isn't showing by clicking the "See Public View" option when you visit your profile.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4d80bcce
Community Member

i can not find id verification button in my accout how  can i verify

saimamunawar
Community Member

How to change my verificaiton status .Its shows (Military Veteran ) but i am unable to change it .

Need guidnace 

Hi Saima,

Thank you for reaching out. I would like to clarify that I checked and you did not add Military Veteran status to your profile. What you're seeing on your end is the option to add Military Veteran status.

~ AJ
Upwork

How to change my verificaiton status .Its shows (Military Veteran ) but i am unable to change it .

Need guidnace please

cf4246e6
Community Member

Hi UpWork!
My account says "Military Veteran" for some unknown reason, since Im not.
I choose NOT Military Veteran but still showing as If it was clicked YES. Can you please help me? Thank you all!

Hi Luli,

Thank you for reaching out! What you see on your end is the option to add Military Veteran status. Note that your public profile does not display that you're a Military Veteran. You can confirm this by clicking the "See Public View" option while on your public profile page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members