Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Italian Bank Commisions For Payment From UpWork

kiki1981
Enrica D Member Since: Feb 13, 2018
1 of 3

Hello! 
I am looking for someone from Italy that has tried the "direct to bank" payment.
At the moment I am getting paid though paypal, but I would like to be paid directly on my bank account.
As I recently got a payment to a UK client (not an UpWork client) and saw a 15 euro commission... with a heart attack... I would like to know if someone has already experimented this kind of payment and if banks apply "strange commissions" for UpWork payments too.
Thank you!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Enrica D wrote:

I am looking for someone from Italy that has tried the "direct to bank" payment.
At the moment I am getting paid though paypal, but I would like to be paid directly on my bank account.
As I recently got a payment to a UK client (not an UpWork client) and saw a 15 euro commission... with a heart attack... I would like to know if someone has already experimented this kind of payment and if banks apply "strange commissions" for UpWork payments too.

That is because the payment was "from abroad" and not in Euro. When you get paid via "direct to local bank" the money is actually sent in Euro from a local bank, so there is no charge from your ban's side as such.

BUT: The exchange rates used by Upwork's banking partners are absolutely miserable. You are better off using PayPal.

View solution in original post

kiki1981
Enrica D Member Since: Feb 13, 2018
3 of 3
Thank you Petra, for answering my question and for your advices too! I really appeciated it.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS