🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Its been more than a Month client has not hir...
Page options
sabina_sattar
Community Member

Its been more than a Month client has not hired anyone! Please give be back my connects

Hi there!

I applied for this job on 25th February

**Edited for community guidelines**

The client has not hired anyone and my connects are wasted for no reason. I should get my connects back by now as its already a month over right? I am a new freelancer here and I just got 20 free connects. My account has been changed to Private just because I am not getting any jobs; but how can I get jobs if clients doesn't hire anyone at all? There are a total of 4 jobs that I applied for and seems like no one got hired for those. Here are the other three - 

**Edited for community guidelines**

I request upwork to have a close look to this issue, because I think this a very common problem people are facing here around and many of us may not afford to take the membership plan now as we are new to this career. There should be a strong solution to this please or else newbies like us will get astray.

Regards,

Sabina 

3 REPLIES 3
calvo_juan
Community Member

I don't think they'll give you your connects back. I think now you have to pay for new connects. I advice to be very careful about where you use your connects. Don't apply to many jobs in a rush trying to get hired fast.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sabina,

Please note that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of ServiceAlso, we're testing this new feature of refunding Connects on contracts that don’t hire and have gone dormant and allowing freelancers to submit proposals for some jobs for “free” (no Connects required).

We recommend you to closely review the client’s details, such as past hire rate, to help you decide whether to use Connects to submit a proposal for a project. To learn more about what you should be looking for in a job post, please check out this article

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Sabina S wrote:

Hi there!

There are a total of 4 jobs that I applied for and seems like no one got hired for those. Here are the other three - 

ALL of thise jobs are still open. You don't get the connects back unless they are closed or expire with nobody hired.(As they are included in the "Connects returned if nobody is hired" thing)

If you need connects, you have to buy them.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members