cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its getting scary day by day :(

Muhammad Imran A Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
1 of 5

Hi Upwork Team and officials,

I think I am passing through a nightmare now a days, since when I've got the "Top Rated" badge, my nightmare started. 

Before that I was receiving invites, getting a few jobs out of them, an upwork official told me to use all the connects (which I did'nt like from the start, taken from Elance) I also tried that and to my surprise, each and every application get declined immediately.

Whats happening with me? What is the use of that so called "Top Rated" badge, where is the special coverage from upwork for the "Top Rated" freelancer?

Can somebody tell me whats the matter behind this?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

The top rated badge doesn't write your proposals. It's likely you're getting swallowed by your competition, which has increased lately. 

All you can do is leverage it, but I don't think it's a primary selling point. Top rated has nothing to do with proposals. It just means customers are satisfied. It's only as good as your sales pitch. Like icing on the cake, but it's not the cake.

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
3 of 5

"What is the use of that so called "Top Rated" badge"

Nothing. What did you expect?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
4 of 5

I agree with Fergus.  I never had the Top Rated badge but it doesn't change anything.  I still get just as many jobs as before.  It would be nice to have but it doesn't bother me a bit not having it.  

Community Leader
Carlton D Member Since: Aug 5, 2015
5 of 5

I got one irrelevant invite after getting my 'blue' badge a few days ago, but then again I just got off the Mayflower about a week and half ago, so what do I know. Smiley Surprised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CROM, MAKE ME STRONGER!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS