🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JOB THAT CREATS CONFUSION - UPWORK IS NOT TAK...
Page options
kianathewriter
Community Member

JOB THAT CREATS CONFUSION - UPWORK IS NOT TAKING THEM OFF

Hello fellow writers and upwork support team, I am having a hard time understanding these things about Upwork policy on employers. In every job, when we scroll down, we see this table:- ------- Proposals: 10 to 15 Last viewed by client: 4 days ago Hires: 1 Interviewing: 7 Invites sent: 21 Unanswered invites: 8 ---------- Now my question is about ' HIRES'- if it says hires- 1. Means that the employer has hired someone. And then when we go further - it also says whom they have hired under title 'Job in progress' If Upwork is giving connects free- fine but it's not the case anymore. In the past, unknowingly, I submitted for the job and the realized. It was sitting there- after employer hired someone. So, I wasted paid connects. Maybe employers can get so busy that they forget to close the job, I understand that but Why Upwork does not remove the jobs where employers have hired someone? Why should it appear in search when actually there is NO JOB? Can someone from Upwork do something about it? or someone can help me how to filter out this kind of open but already gone job? Thanks, Kiana
2 REPLIES 2
tarpindersingh
Community Member

They should have a notification at the top if someone is hired already.

ashiq007
Community Member

Now it is a great  problem for freelancers as clients don't close the job if they don't want to hire someone. and our paid connects are wasted. Seems upwork is entertaining fake jobs with new paid connects. Upwork should automatically close the job if any clients don't close the job after 15 or 30 days.  I have some proposal which is 3 years old and clients didn't close yet. I have attached a screenshot of that.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members