Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JS% for clients?

mario-chirinos
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 16

Odesk is taking out the start rating from our profiles, there will be any equivalent measure for clients?

spiderbyte87
Community Leader
Aaron H Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
2 of 16

It's already there.. it's their work history.

The only thing I personally would like to see changed is that they should be required to be payment verified before posting.

mario-chirinos
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 16

But is not the same, we also have job history

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 16

Mario,

I can see how many people clients hired, what their average hourly pay is, their average start feedback rating, where they're from, the percentage of time a client hired somebody out of the number of times they posted a job, how much money total they have spent, the titles of projects they previously paid people for, whether or not their payment method is verified.

I can see a client's current job listing, what he wants me to do, whether he is looking for entry-level, mid-level or expert contractors.

What more do you want?

How will posting a "Job Success Score" for clients help me make more money?

As a contractor, here is something very unequal between clients and contractors that I like:

My credit card is never charged so that money can be sent to clients. Their credit cards are charged and money ends up in my bank account.

It is not an equal relationship. It isn't meant to be.

charlieecpa
Community Leader
Charlie E Member Since: Aug 2, 2015
5 of 16

Must say that I agree with Preston on this. One of the few things I think that Upwork implemented well was increased client visibility. 

At a glance I can see the average wage paid, total spent, length of membership, location and freelancer feedback. This allows me to easily avoid low quality clients. 

brijrajo
Ace Contributor
Brijraj S Member Since: Apr 9, 2015
6 of 16

We have average feedback as job success for clients... 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 16

@Mario C wrote:

Odesk is taking out the start rating from our profiles, there will be any equivalent measure for clients?

Upwork ................. Smiley Wink

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 16

I have a strict rule for myself that I never rate clients. I only respond to bad feedback, which I've only had 1. 

droleary
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
9 of 16

@Jennifer M wrote:

I have a strict rule for myself that I never rate clients.

Why?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 16

@Darrin O wrote:

Why?

For a few reasons. First, I don't want what I've said or rated for other clients to be a factor when the client hires. If my last rating is a bad one, maybe the client sees it as a red flag in hiring me. Nobody wants to work with someone who is difficult to get along with.

Second, I have clients that I'd rate a 3. Basically, I'd work with them again if I had to but they aren't my favorite. Rate them a public 3, and it's possible you'll offend them and they won't hire you again. Maybe I'd like to keep them in my back pocket for emergencies when I need work.

So, I just choose not to rate clients since I think it could potentially affect another client's decision in hiring me and future work when maybe things are slow and I have to work with someone who isn't my favorite.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS