Did you mean: 

JS score update due tomorrow!

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
41 of 50

@Setu M wrote:

@Douglas Michael M wrote:

I still don't get how any atypical big hit will ever drive the published score down. Won't any atypically low score be trumped by a more representative one?

Still puzzled,

Michael

You a correct that it shouldn't drive the published score down, but it will slip. The 2-year line is the truest representation of the freelancer's JSS, but also usually the lowest and the slowest to respond to changes. But for a freelancer who was doing well, even the 1-year line should not be far apart from the 6-month line.

So yes, there may no be a drastic change. Unless great strides were made in the last 6 months, like a 100% JSS.

Setu,

Ah, OK—I was misinterpreting "snapshot" as being point-in-time historical rather than cumulative relative to today. Upwork is clear on this point—it was my thickness. B^/

So yes, a large number of conscientious providers get dinged, however much or little, for two years by Upwork's unfathomable blunder.

Thanks for your patient explanation, and to all for your patient patience!

Best,

Michael

anima9
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
42 of 50

My JS score became lower because of my previous client (or which I wrote about in the rant thread) and with most of my clients either new or long-term, my JS is scheduled to be much lower in the next two weeks. 

Oh well, as long as I get my money I don't mind falling off the Top Rated radar.

P.S. anyone of you guys getting more invites than usual? I got 4 in less than 48 hours. I rejected them all because they were either too cheap or not really within my realm of talent.

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
43 of 50

@Robert James R wrote:

P.S. anyone of you guys getting more invites than usual? I got 4 in less than 48 hours. I rejected them all because they were either too cheap or not really within my realm of talent.

No improvement here.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
44 of 50

Stephen B wrote earlier, "My score went down today 98 to 97 after they closed six jobs (but one gave feedback at the eleventh hour). OK, it's only one point, and the score's high enough. But why I'm ripping angry is that this was imposed on me by Upwork, by doing the exact thing that they've advised against for months, while I had been carefully trying to manage the situation to avoid this happening."

So I checked his profile and it's not showing any recently closed jobs with no feedback, *yet*. Is this also because of the 14 day waiting period Ian & Setu alluded to?

45 of 50

After both parties leave feedback, it still take up to 24 hrs to show on the profile.

However there seems to be some issue with profile pages since last night. The seem to be "static" and not pulling from the "backend" data (I am not a web person, so pardon the strange language). You will notice how different the page looks, and 3/4 of the regular source code is missing.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
46 of 50

Setu, thanks for pointing this out. It has a lot more white space than it used to and it's displaying things in a different order which is puzzling. On the plus side, it's showing '24 hrs response time' for moi.

Donna M Member Since: Aug 28, 2012
47 of 50

Hi All,

Thought I'd jump in my score went from 100 to 96 for no reason, Yes no reason no jobs were closed or paused, nothing fell off the 2 year cycle ...I see nothing other then I have been a little busy and have not been able to answers invites within a day ......this is typical pattern I have seen before my score goes down my long term clients goes down and then the next week it will go down further and then it will go back up to 100%

Why....I have no clue .....This what is irrating and frustrating so what holds more value 2 years, 1 year, 6 months there are too many variables in this JS score it makes no sense and does nothing but alienate workers

setumonroe
Community Guru
48 of 50

@ Donna,

If you were at 100% JSS, it would have been the 6-month line. It is impossible to carry 100% on your 2 year line, unless you had only 1 or 2 projects for that entire time frame.

donnamoss1
Ace Contributor
Donna M Member Since: Aug 28, 2012
49 of 50

Hi Setu,

That clears that up so that leaves me with absolutely no changes whatsoever except for not answering some invites within a day there has been no job changes, no new pauses, no closing of jobs , no new feedback, nothing …No changes so why the drop in score then?

setumonroe
Community Guru
50 of 50

Donna,

I had a look at your profile and I understand what you are saying. The only line that can have 100% is the shortest line - that is a fact. There are only 2 contracts that fit in that time frame, no additions but there is a possibility of a subtraction.

I would suggest you contact me via PM since it is your personal details.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS