Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

JSS Drop due to Private Feedback

datasciencewonk
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
11 of 24

@Tiffany S wrote:

It makes a lot of sense that private feedback can't be changed, since a large part of the reason private feedback is necessary is freelancers bullying clients into changing public feedback.

 

That said, a single piece of bad private feedback which is inconsistent with other private feedback and with the public feedback on the job should not have this significant an impact on JSS--particularly if the client is ongoing and leaves more positive private feedback on other jobs. There are many variables that could be factored in to mitigate this impact without allowing clients to change private feedback.


Changing of the weighted factors is the primary algorithmic variable at a mathematical level. 

 

If all it takes is one :::bleeped:::: off client, then it's not a robust system.  

 

Of course, it can be accurately assessed that all systems have room for improvement. JSS is definitively one of those systems. 

 

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
12 of 24

Per Kat C.:

 

@Tiffany S wrote:

It makes a lot of sense that private feedback can't be changed, since a large part of the reason private feedback is necessary is freelancers bullying clients into changing public feedback.

 

That said, a single piece of bad private feedback which is inconsistent with other private feedback and with the public feedback on the job should not have this significant an impact on JSS--particularly if the client is ongoing and leaves more positive private feedback on other jobs. There are many variables that could be factored in to mitigate this impact without allowing clients to change private feedback.


Changing of the weighted factors is the primary algorithmic variable at a mathematical level. 

 

If all it takes is one :::bleeped:::: off client, then it's not a robust system.  

 

Of course, it can be accurately assessed that all systems have room for improvement. JSS is definitively one of those systems.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

AMEN,  Kat! Woman Wink

 

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
13 of 24

@johel B wrote:

Hello everyone,

 

I've been working as a Top Rated freelancer for +1 year, maintaining a constant 100% JSS. Unfortunately, my JSS score has recently dropped to 90%. I did the math and realized that there's only one client I have recently closed contracts with. Ironically, the client was thrilled with my work and rehired me on 5 additional small jobs —each one of them with 5 stars and great comments on the Public Feedback.

 

I decided to ask my client about the Private Feedback, and she admitted that because of the language barrier (her native language is Chinese), she misunderstood the question and provided a wrong Private Feedback and she was willing to change it. I asked CS about it, and they stated there's no way to change Private Feedback, so they suggested me to use the Top Rated perk to remove one Feedback from my profile.

 

— I think Upwork should enable clients to change Private Feedback at least once. What if this client is affecting lots of freelancers' profiles as well as mine (?)
— Since all of my contracts came out perfectly, and the client provided a great Public Feedback, how do I know which contract should I remove? Frustrating, right? Is there any chance I can delete the contract with the worst Private Feedback? Suggestions?

 

Thanks a lot for reading! Smiley Very Happy

 

Johel


"The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything [including JSS] is 42."  Smiley Happy

 

"Certa bonum certamen"
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
14 of 24

Hi Johel,

 

I'm sorry about the decline of your Job Success Score. While we won't include the option for users to change their private feedback and can't share the details of the feedback your client left, you still have the opportunity to request feedback removal and exclude on of the contracts you had with this client from your score's calculation.

Untitled
johelbs
Ace Contributor
Johel B Member Since: Jan 24, 2016
15 of 24

Thanks for sharing your own experiences and suggestions. I guess I'll give it a shot (sadly blindfolded) and see how the Top Rated perk turns out. Wish me luck!

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
16 of 24

@johel B wrote:

Thanks for sharing your own experiences and suggestions. I guess I'll give it a shot (sadly blindfolded) and see how the Top Rated perk turns out. Wish me luck!


Hi Johel,

 

I would leave things alone because a JSS of 90% is okay.

 

Use the TRP if the JSS falls below 90% (within two weeks of it dropping below 90%).

 

ETA: There is no sense in using up the TRP based on a wild guess.

"Certa bonum certamen"
johelbs
Ace Contributor
Johel B Member Since: Jan 24, 2016
17 of 24

Ravindra B wrote:

Johel B wrote:

Thanks for sharing your own experiences and suggestions. I guess I'll give it a shot (sadly blindfolded) and see how the Top Rated perk turns out. Wish me luck!


Hi Johel,

 

I would leave things alone because a JSS of 90% is okay.

 

Use the TRP if the JSS falls below 90% (within two weeks of it dropping below 90%).

 

ETA: There is no sense in using up the TRP based on a wild guess.


I'm going to take your advice and won't use the TPR unless the JSS falls below 90% (Top Rated Threshold). It's a little distressing but I don't have many choices. Thank you, Ravindra!

 

42 it is! Smiley LOL

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
18 of 24

You are welcome, Johel. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
ekhmoi
Active Member
Arif M Member Since: May 31, 2017
19 of 24


As far as I know:
When your JSS drops below 90% you will lose your "Top Rated" badge and therefore you'll not be able to request a feedback removal.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
20 of 24

@Arif M wrote:


As far as I know:
When your JSS drops below 90% you will lose your "Top Rated" badge and therefore you'll not be able to request a feedback removal.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.


 There is a window, which I believe is two weeks, in which you can remove feedback after losing top rated status.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS