🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: JSS Dropped from 100 % to 86%
Page options
anany-garg
Community Member

JSS Dropped from 100 % to 86%

Hey Everyone, Recently my JSS dropped from 100% to 90% (2 weeks ago) and today it again dropped from 90 to 86%. I can't figure out what's going wrong almost all my contracts have 5 stars public rating and client recommendation is showing 100%. 

I know that it is the private feedback that matters but still why it is dropping so much I mean from 100 to 90 then again 90 to 86 . (This week I've closed only 2 contracts one with a 5-star rating and the other is 4.8 stars). I've 5 active contracts out of which 2 are hourly contracts and other 3 is in progress is it taking those active contract into consideration? Should I close them? 

*Also one client gave me a big project 350$ (50$ bonus) and seems like he's inactive now on this platform. What should I do now? Should I close the contract? 

Please help thankyou.

My Profile link:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~013fe8441d4c2c5f24?viewMode=1

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anany G wrote:

Ok, last question if I close the contract from my end after receiving the payment and he wont provide any feedback on it will it affect my JSS?

No

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Anany G wrote:

I know that it is the private feedback that matters but still why it is dropping so much I mean from 100 to 90 then again 90 to 86 .

You got poor private feedback two calculation periods in a row and with so few contracts in your calculation window, every one has a significant effect.

Anany G wrote:

I've 5 active contracts out of which 2 are hourly contracts and other 3 is in progress is it taking those active contract into consideration? Should I close them? 

If they are active, why close them? If they are not active and went well, ask the clients to close them so you can get feedback. Those contracts aren't hurting your JSS at all.

Anany G wrote:

*Also one client gave me a big project 350$ (50$ bonus) and seems like he's inactive now on this platform. What should I do now? Should I close the contract? 

There is no sign of a $350 contract on your profile. Closing contracts only affects your JSS if you get feedback. If you don't get feedback, it does neither good nor harm.

anany-garg
Community Member

Thank you for responding Petra. Please guide me on how can I get my JSS back to above 90.

You got poor private feedback two calculation periods in a row and with so few contracts in your calculation window, every one has a significant effect.

1.) First contract was of 48$ . (Public feedback 5*) 

Developer needed for SurveyMonkey and Power Bi Integration

2.) Second contract for this week was of 100$ (Public Feedback 4.8*)

Financial Analyst need help on Power BI Project

How can these two small projects can affect JSS score so much I mean 4% drop?

and I dont think both of them provided me a bad feedback,

There is no sign of a $350 contract on your profile. Closing contracts only affects your JSS if you get feedback. If you don't get feedback, it does neither good nor harm

-> Yeah  this is the contract he paid me 50$ as bonus and the contract was of 350$ (I've requested for payment 9 days ago and client didnt approve it as he's offline and I guess he is inactive now what should I do in this case ? should I close this contract? ) Considering this is a big project and can significantly affect my JSS.

Power BI

Anany G wrote:

How can these two small projects can affect JSS score so much I mean 4% drop?

Easily. It's percentages.

Anany G wrote: -> Yeah  this is the contract he paid me 50$ as bonus and the contract was of 350$ (I've requested for payment 9 days ago and client didnt approve it as he's offline and I guess he is inactive now what should I do in this case ? should I close this contract? ) Considering this is a big project and can significantly affect my JSS.

It can only affect your JSS if it ends with good feedback. Otherwise it will have no effect at all. 

Whatever you do, DON'T close the contract until you have received the payment, as that woul dsend the funds in escrow back to the client.

Anany G wrote:

Thank you for responding Petra. Please guide me on how can I get my JSS back to above 90

All you can do is complete contracts well and make sure the clients are happy.

"It can only affect your JSS if it ends with good feedback. Otherwise, it will have no effect at all. 

Whatever you do, DON'T closes the contract until you have received the payment, as that would send the funds in escrow back to the client."

I guess payment will be automatically released after 12 days right? Let's say I get the payment what should I do after that? should I close that contract? (Knowing that client is inactive and won't give me the feedback ) or should I keep that contract active?

Anany G wrote:

I guess payment will be automatically released after 12 days right? 

Yes, 14 days after you requested it.

Anany G wrote:

Let's say I get the payment what should I do after that? should I close that contract? (Knowing that client is inactive and won't give me the feedback ) or should I keep that contract active?

You might as well close it after you have been paid if the client is gone for sure.

Ok, last question if I close the contract from my end after receiving the payment and he wont provide any feedback on it will it affect my JSS?

Anany G wrote:

No

PradeepH

Hi Anany,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your JSS. While we understand that any discrepancies between public and private feedback may be frustrating, the private feedback system is in place to prevent instances of fraud and retaliation and to gain honest, trustworthy insight into client satisfaction. Because the information above isn’t included in a freelancer’s star rating, your JSS score may differ dramatically from your star rating. We have gone into great detail on how your Job Success score is calculated here. Additional details beyond this are not provided to protect the integrity of the score. 

Thank you

Pradeep.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members