Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS Dropped from 94 to 92?

jmccpa
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
1 of 27

Since last update, 5 jobs were successfully closed, each with 5 star ratings, most with very positive feedback.

Possible, but not likely, private feedback was negative but I doubt it.

Yet JSS rate dropped from 94 to 92.

Is it all objective algorithms or some other subjective factors like being professionally critical on some practices in Community Postings or in PMs?

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 27

You don't have that many contracts, so even a lower, but not outright dreadful private feedback will have some impact.

Obviously your forum posts or PMs have nothing to do with your JSS. It only calculates the outcome of your contracts.

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
3 of 27

Mine dropped six points.  I'm sure it's because I had contracts drop off.  Not thrilled, but life goes on.  I certainly don't think my forum posts are responsible.

yelchuyev96
Ace Contributor
Bakhtiyar Y Member Since: Oct 13, 2016
4 of 27

Mine dropped from 94 to 88 for no obvious reason. I also doubt private feedback was negative. And it happened when I almost got top rated badge. Bad way to wish me season's greetings, Upwork.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 27

@Bakhtiyar Y wrote:

Mine dropped from 94 to 88 for no obvious reason. I also doubt private feedback was negative.

The client who gave you 4.8 only gave less than 5 stars once previously in all their contracts, and that was also to you.

So I don't for a minute doubt that there was something they were not entirely thrilled with. You only have a handful of feedbacks, so any tiny deviance from perfect client satisfaction will have an imact.

The good news is that just a few really super contracts will see it go up again.

Personally I would use it as a sign to pay more attention to quality, with that being something you lost a star on in 40 % of your completed contracts.

yelchuyev96
Ace Contributor
Bakhtiyar Y Member Since: Oct 13, 2016
6 of 27

Thanks for your opinion Petra. I don't really dispute the JSS system. Just feeling a little frustrated. 

sakibnth
Sakib A Member Since: Dec 25, 2016
7 of 27

My JSS score is continuously decreasing. No negative feedback I got from last weeks.
I'm upset.
Please check my profile.
Please help me..
Two clients don't respond after hiring me. I don't think that is my fault.
Please do something
http://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01be2a8d972c461a5a/

Thanks,
Sakib

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 27

Hi Sakib,

Please refer to the replies our team posted on tickets you submited on this topic, make sure to close any inactive contract in case the client isn't responding and follow the instructions shared on your tickets in order to improve your Job Success Score.

Untitled
e_tahassoni
Ebrahim T Member Since: Oct 6, 2017
9 of 27

Hello Vladimir, everyone!

I just woke up to a 7% drop in JSS. I searched and found about the inactivity impact on the score and then wen to check which one is causing the problem as I have no review with less than 5 stars.
Then I realized that a client I always suspected to be inactive after the payment is released, has not given feedback to many of his previous contractor freelancers and has too many inactive jobs, even since March. Now this is a problem with the JSS. If a client is like that, then their lack of enthusiasm to leave feedback affects our hard earned JSS for no fault of our own.

I just closed the contract and requested a feedback from the client, but my important question is that:
If he doesn't give a feedback in the next 2 weeks (Payment has already been released), and my feedback for him goes public, will my JSS be restored to what was before?

Thank you very much in advance man!

odrissho
Community Guru
MD Shahadat H Member Since: Dec 7, 2015
10 of 27

Easy to decrease but difficult to increase (JSS)! Never Understood the JSS calculation! more than 3 months ago lost the 2% and still couldn't recover it!Smiley Sad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS