Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS Dropped from 94 to 92?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 27

@MD Shahadat H wrote:

Easy to decrease but difficult to increase (JSS)!

That is how percentages work....

9 out of 10 = 90%

so one bad outcome knocks you from 100% to 90% - but it takes several perfect ones to take you back up near 100% - and the closer to 100% you get the more difficult it gets.

19 out of 20 = 95%

49 out of 50 = 98%

and so on.

People don't understand very basic percentages.

odrissho
Community Guru
MD Shahadat H Member Since: Dec 7, 2015
12 of 27

Smiley Very Happy Merry Christmas Petra!! I see, That's how the JSS decrease or increase! Thank you!

petra_r
Community Guru
13 of 27

@MD Shahadat H wrote:

Smiley Very Happy Merry Christmas Petra!! I see, That's how the JSS decrease or increase! Thank you!

There is a hell of a lot more to it but it does explain why it can fall much quicker than rise back to its original level Smiley Happy

gnakeur
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
14 of 27

@Petra R wrote:

@MD Shahadat H wrote:

Easy to decrease but difficult to increase (JSS)!

That is how percentages work....

9 out of 10 = 90%

so one bad outcome knocks you from 100% to 90% - but it takes several perfect ones to take you back up near 100% - and the closer to 100% you get the more difficult it gets.

19 out of 20 = 95%

49 out of 50 = 98%

and so on.

People don't understand very basic percentages.

Hello Petra,

With all respect I really don't think that is the way JSS is calculated. That would mean that after 1 bad feedback you will never be 100% again. There are more complicated rules involved and the recent thread where JSS inctreased from 89 to 100 after 3 contracts prooves that. There will be some amortization of old contracts where new contracts weight more than old ones etc.

petra_r
Community Guru
15 of 27

@Giorgi N wrote:

Hello Petra,

With all respect I really don't think that is the way JSS is calculated. That would mean that after 1 bad feedback you will never be 100% again. There are more complicated rules involved and the recent thread where JSS inctreased from 89 to 100 after 3 contracts prooves that. There will be some amortization of old contracts where new contracts weight more than old ones etc.

I said SPECIFICALLY that it isn't as simple as that and there is a lot more to it.

Personally I believe the raise from 89 to 100 after 3 feedbacks can ONLY have happened if the negative factors were excluded because the client was suspended for example (which takes their feedback out of the calculation) - There is not normal way it could have gone up that much.

Also - it is abject nonsense to claim that it could **never** go back to 100% - you have forgotten the windows. As soon as bad factors fall out of the relevant window they no longer count so regardless how it's calculated they're gone.

I simply explained why in NORMAL cases it takes longer to get back up than it took to fall. People keep thinking they have a drop, then a couple of good contracts, and it rises again to where it was, and that is not how percentages work.

gnakeur
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
16 of 27

@Petra R wrote:

Also - it is abject nonsense to claim that it could **never** go back to 100% - you have forgotten the windows.

Hmm, I really forgot about windows. In any case it would be very frustrating to wait 2 years to go to 100 again.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
17 of 27

@Joseph C wrote:

Is it all objective algorithms or some other subjective factors like being professionally critical on some practices in Community Postings or in PMs?

No. If it was the case I would have a negative JSS.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
18 of 27

@Rene K wrote:

@Joseph C wrote:

Is it all objective algorithms or some other subjective factors like being professionally critical on some practices in Community Postings or in PMs?

No. If it was the case I would have a negative JSS.

And conversely, I suppose some forum members would have JSS higher than 100 Cat Wink

John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
19 of 27

Sakib, no one can help you except your clients and yourself. You need to do amazing work for good clients to raise your JSS. Good luck!

Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
20 of 27

Hi Joe,

As we confirmed before, your Job Success Score is based only on contracts you've had and your activity in the Community does not affect the score's calculation. We don't differentiate users based on their comments and hope you'll continue to participate in Community discussions.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS