Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS Effect of Negative Feedback from Client Upwork Knows is Unreasonable

reichstephen
Community Guru
Stephen R Member Since: Jun 19, 2015
31 of 34

I worked in the journalism for 25 years and base my work on

previous business relationships and decades of job experience.

Being censored on Upwork is nothing new. But i find it appalling and misleading.

I was edited because i don't take jobs from Developing Nations.

Recently many job scams have found there way to me on Upwork. Maybe if you focus on Scammers and not censoring valued freelancers we could get more work done and stop wasting time with job proposals that are a shady deal.

Again Will sorry for your interaction with a scammer not a professional.

Good luck with your JSS score. 

The JSS score is another tangled mess that rears its ugly head from week to week.

Fun wasting time on disputes from clients who disappear or want to cheat you.

Have an awesome day everybody!

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
32 of 34

Yeah, I get it.

I think this particular guy wasn't so much a scam artist as an immature, impatient, unprofessional young person who was in over his head.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
33 of 34

I usually avoid people who think their idea is where all the money and effort is. Some of these people here think that an idea is really worth something. We won't even get into the losers who think they have the next facebook or google. lol

I bet he was one of those people. I can usually pick up on it when they want to sell me on their product or service and it's really not for me to judge any of it. I'm just there to write. I can completely hate the product and still put a bunch of bs on the screen. lol

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
34 of 34

Stephen,

Our intention is not to censor but to foster a professional and productive Community. To do that, we expect all users to follow Community Guidelines. According to the Guidelines posting deliberately disruptive and negative statements about Upwork as well as content determined to be inappropriate or overly negative isn't allowed.

Thank you for your understanding.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS