cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS For long term contracts that haven't ended?

Jose P Member Since: Oct 27, 2016
1 of 4

Hi,

I was wondering if I get a JSS on an ongoing hourly contract? i.e.  If the job doesn't end for a year or so do I not get rated until that happens? I got one ongoing job so far and my client seems to like me but I am still not "qualified" for a lot of proposals because I don't have a JSS yet. 

Jose

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

You can't get a JSS until you have completed (as in closed) 4 contracts or more for 3 different clients or more.

That said, keep applying even if clients have set their preferences to have a JSS, just make your proposals extra strong.

You could also ask your current client to end the contract and rehire you on a new one after a while, which will give you your first feedback and count as one of the 4 contracts you need for a JSS.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 4

@Petra R wrote:

You could also ask your current client to end the contract and rehire you on a new one after a while, which will give you your first feedback and count as one of the 4 contracts you need for a JSS.

I've done this for freelancers before. If you have a good relationship with your client its certainly an option.

Jose P Member Since: Oct 27, 2016
4 of 4

thank you both! 

That makes sense.

Jose

Smiley Very Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS