🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS Score Drop with No Completed Projects? Ho...
Page options
joshreif
Community Member

JSS Score Drop with No Completed Projects? How is this Possible?

Hi, so I finally achieved 90% JSS and Top Rated status after working very hard to improve my score. But only weeks after achieving this, my score dropped to 88% and out of Top Rated and I am very discouraged. 

How is this possible as I have no new projects since then? 

My last closed contract is a 5-star rating in Jan 2019 (2 Months ago) 

I have 3 suspended contracts that are still open which I have completed the work for. Two were non-paying clients that Upwork paid me for (the work was already done) and one I believe to be a scammer as he asked me to plagiarize another document. 

I've been told by support that the suspended clients can leave me feedback (which is INSANE - seriously), but they can't even leave me feedback yet as Upwork suspended the contracts and they are not closed. 

I was waiting on Upwork to tell me what to do, but it's been months and those contracts are still suspended, so I've now asked them to be closed. 

Did my score drop due to these suspended contracts??? I haven't had another contract since Jan 2019. 

Please help. I've spent a year trying to get to Top Rated. 

4 REPLIES 4
yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

Re: "Did my score drop due to these suspended contracts???"

No, contracts of suspended clients are excluded from JSS calculation.

You had a drop probably because one (or more) of your postive outcome has been left out of 6 months or 12 months window.
As you know JSS is calculated from last 6 months, 12 months and 24 months window and he best score out of these moving time windows is displayed on your profile.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score#how

This would make sense if my score had been 90 for several months to a year and then dropped to 88. However this is not the case. 

My score recently went UP to 90 and then 2 weeks later dropped to 88. How would a good score dropping off from 6 months ago do this? It makes no sense. So, sure my window could have changed, but that doesn't explain why my score went UP first before going down. 

Joshua,
Last 6 months window is always changing with every 2 weeks.
2 weeks get in and 2 weeks get out in the window.
And the 2 weeks that have left out, maybe you have job completed at that time which had fantastic feedback but got left out of the 6 months window.
Hope you got it.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua, 

I'm sorry to learn that this has been an inconvenience for you. I checked your tickets and can see that your Customer Support Agent has confirmed that closing the contract should be possible on their end. You may refer to this support ticket for more information. If you wish to have the contracts closed, please confirm this on the same ticket thread so that they can take action against your suspended contracts, and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members