🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS Score and Ranking in Search Results
Page options
oaly
Community Member

JSS Score and Ranking in Search Results

Awesome Monday to you Upworkers!

I have a question in reference to how Upwork's algorithm works in the search rankings. 

So I'm in Sales & Marketing > Telemarketing. 

I used to be at the top of the second page for that niche in the "$10 and below" Search criteria. 

But it has recently dropped, due to perhaps being invited to a lot of jobs none of which ended in a contract?

I responded to all those invitations typically because I wanted to see if we can be a good fit but most of them had no upwork experience and therefore their Jobs' descriptions were very vague. 

Consequently after talking to them I realized it wasn't a good fit or they had unrealistic expectations. 

Another factor I think has to do with how well you perform in search rankings is your JSS. How many jobs ended without payment or just ended unsuccessfully, correct?  (Also in those cases requirements were not clear upfront this is why they ended shortly)

I wanna know what I've done wrong to avoid that in the future. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Osama,

Freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered.

You may check these great topics in our Resource Corner to help you enhance your Profile: 

Here are some additional tips on how to grab attention by writing a great Overview and set yourself apart from the competition.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths