JSS Score went down 2 points while all jobs were ongoing

I'm not sure why my score would go down because I haven’t closed any jobs recently. I have 2 jobs that have been open for a while with no work done but when I message the clients they want to keep them open. Could this be the reason? Should I ask them to close the contracts and just open a new one when they are ready?

I have read that it’s bad to close a job as a freelancer but a lot of clients don’t know how or would prefer the freelancer do it. I don’t want to do anything that could lower my score again.

1 REPLY 1
petra_r

Sarah G wrote:

I'm not sure why my score would go down because I haven’t closed any jobs recently. I have 2 jobs that have been open for a while with no work done but when I message the clients they want to keep them open. Could this be the reason? Should I ask them to close the contracts and just open a new one when they are ready?

I have read that it’s bad to close a job as a freelancer but a lot of clients don’t know how or would prefer the freelancer do it. I don’t want to do anything that could lower my score again.

The JSS can change when good outcomes fall out of your calculation window and you don't "add" any good ones to replace them in your "good v bad" mix, because then not so positive outcmes weigh more heavily.

Idle contracts, provided you were, at some point, paid something under them and you don't have an insane number of them, have no effect. The same goes for contracts you close yourself. As long as d you were, at some point, paid something under them and you don't have an insane number of them, they neither hurt nor help your JSS

What does hurt the JSS are contracts with nothing (ever) paid and contracts with poor (public or private) feedback.