🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS, Top Rated status and time off
Page options
wptophat
Community Member

JSS, Top Rated status and time off

I have a JSS of 100% and I was a Top Rated Freelancer. But I took a month off and thus lost that status and saw my JSS drop. I managed to get my JSS back up to 100%, but still have not regained Top Rated status.

Is there a way to avoid this when I need to take extended time off?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Tim B wrote:

I have a JSS of 100% and I was a Top Rated Freelancer. But I took a month off and thus lost that status and saw my JSS drop.

Taking a month off does not make your JSS drop. At all! You got poor private feedback on a job that ended around 6 months before you got back to 100%

Tim B wrote:

I managed to get my JSS back up to 100%, but still have not regained Top Rated status.

What is your number of eligible weeks on your "My Stats" page?

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
petra_r
Community Member

Tim B wrote:

I have a JSS of 100% and I was a Top Rated Freelancer. But I took a month off and thus lost that status and saw my JSS drop.

Taking a month off does not make your JSS drop. At all! You got poor private feedback on a job that ended around 6 months before you got back to 100%

Tim B wrote:

I managed to get my JSS back up to 100%, but still have not regained Top Rated status.

What is your number of eligible weeks on your "My Stats" page?

wptophat
Community Member

s not aware of the poor private feedback, yet another illustration of why such feedback is unfair - it does not give the freelancer the opportunity to dispute such claims or to work with the client to improve.

That being said, I am glad at least that the lack of working for a month is not what effects the JSS or Top-Rated status. Thank you for clarifying that.

wptophat
Community Member

Petra,

As you can see from this screenshot, it says I have 16 of 16 eligible weeks for Top Rated. So shouldn't I be Top Rated still according to this? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Capture.PNG

petra_r
Community Member

Tim B wrote:

Petra,

As you can see from this screenshot, it says I have 16 of 16 eligible weeks for Top Rated. So shouldn't I be Top Rated still according to this? Or am I misunderstanding something?

No, because you had an account hold. This bars you from top rated for 3 months from the day the account hold was removed.

account hold.jpg

wptophat
Community Member

And is there a way for me to know when that will occur? 

Also, I do not recall having an account hold in the last 3 months.

petra_r
Community Member

Tim B wrote:

And is there a way for me to know when that will occur? 

Also, I do not recall having an account hold in the last 3 months.

Were you recently asked to verify your profile and did not respond within 7 days?

That would have done it.

Whenever that was resolved was the day your account hold ended, so you'll be eligible again 3 months after that.

wptophat
Community Member

Last time I was asked to do that was about a year a go I think. I know it has been at least 6 months. Also, I always respond to such requests as soon as I get them. So I do not think that was it.

petra_r
Community Member

Tim B wrote:

Last time I was asked to do that was about a year a go I think. I know it has been at least 6 months. Also, I always respond to such requests as soon as I get them. So I do not think that was it.

OK, then I an at a loss as to why your stats are showing an account hold. Your account is not on hold / suspended etc now?

Let me flag your post and ask a mod to take a look at this for you.

wptophat
Community Member

No, my account is active and in good stead at this time. 

Thank you!

petra_r
Community Member

Tim B wrote:

No, my account is active and in good stead at this time. 

Right, but as Bojan explained, you had an account hold about two months ago. The good news is that 90 days after that was resolved it will no longer factor into your top-rated eligibility and you'll be fine.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tim,

I checked this for you and looks like the most recent account hold were placed on your account two months ago, you can check this support ticket for more information. 

Recent account holds refers to policy violations or performance notifications you've received in the past 90 days. After about 3 months it will be removed and your account may be considered for Top Rated badge. Once you become eligible for the Top Rated badge it will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
wptophat
Community Member

Ahh yes, I forgot all about that! Ok, no worries! Thanks for looking into it for me!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tim,

You can become eligible for the Top Rated program again once you meet all the eligibility requirements. Once you qualify, you’ll see the badge on your profile. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
wptophat
Community Member

This answer is completely unhelpful. Obviously I know I can earn Top-Rated back. That was not my question. My question, which Petra answered perfectly, was about WHY I lost the status in the first place and how to prevent it based on my belief (that I now know was in error) that it was because of the time I took off.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths