🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS Venting!
Page options
b69a582f
Community Member

JSS Venting!

Can I just say it STINKS to get those clients who beleive that no one is worth 5 stars or a full 9/10? I've had two of those recently, but what really, really stinks, is that it's possible their private rating was under an 8, because my JSS has dropped from 98% to 96%. That drives me crazy, especially because for both, I gave them extra that wasn't included in the contract. One, two hours of work, the other a lot of advice and coaching I'd typically charge for. 

I wonder, from the client side, when is so low of a JSS, they won't consider you for hiring. Makes me so sad, because I work so absolutely hard, and have a lot of return clients but just a few come along and damage the JSS. It's so much stress.

3 REPLIES 3
2a05aa63
Community Member

I feel your pain.

I don't work with a client that puts a lower score than 5 without any reasons. You can never satisfy them.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Sarah, I think you're stressing unnecessarily (and I say this as someone who always got a gold star on my spelling test and still has to resist the impulse to over-invest emotionally in badges). Your profile including your job history is rock-solid. I honestly don't think any clients you'd be interested in care a fig about the difference between 98 and 96. Last year my JSS unaccountably dipped from 100 to 97. I could not, for the life of me, figure out why. After some months, it went back to 100, just as mysteriously. I couldn't tell any difference at all in the quality or quantity of invitations I received or clients' responses to my unsolicited proposals. I agree that it's annoying when a client gives less-than-perfect fb for no discernible reason, esp after you've over-delivered. But at the level where you're operating, those small dings don't matter. Let somebody else take the credit, I'll take the cash.

Thank you Phyllis! I am sure you are right! It's amazing how much that little number stresses me out! I hope that it goes back up next time, and I bet you are also right about it not being as big of an impact on the client side! Thank you! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members