🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS after odd job closure
Page options
orcio
Community Member

JSS after odd job closure

Hi, two odd things just happened.

Contract one. The client has two problems, need to open a file and analyze content.

I proved I could open it in the proposal. I accept the offer and he invited me to take control of his desktop remotely.

We dig into the file and he noticed that the information he needed is not there.

He ended the contract before I can log an hour. What can I do? it will impact my JSS and he didn't pay. Should I start a dispute?

---

Case two: 2 milestones:

1- first deliver for testing.

2-final delivering.

I sent milestone 1, she is happy all points accomplished correctly. She pays the milestone and ended the contract!!!

She feels sorry, didn't expect this behavior an offers a new job for compensation. 

Will this impact my JSS because I just earn half the budget, 1 of 2 milestones?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
filip_knezevic
Community Member

Situation one is bad. Contract closed with no money flow will reflect negatively on your JSS.

This is how I 'solved' it. 

I had a cheap and hard client, who suddenly was not convinced I'm a good fit for his project. I forgot to turn on time when we started and we worked for about 45 minutes. We've agreed to continue tomorrow and I told him I will add my 40 minutes tomorrow. But while I was sleeping, lurker closed the job, sending me a message he is not convinced I'm a good fit anymore. 😄 

Anyway, I contacted support and explained the issue and they suggested to ask him for a bonus, so my JSS will not be affected. They even said they will contact the client and ask him to leave a bonus as I didn't log my time. So they did. The client, feeling generous, left me 5 dollar bonus. 

My JSS stilll dropped for 1%, so he probably left a negative recommendation. Maybe the drop would be more severe of there was no money flow. I don't know.

Anyway, moral of the story: always start your clock when you work with a new client. 🙂

When I establish a relationship with a client, I usually add manual time, as using the app can be annoying. And the clients don't complain.

Situation two is OK. If there was cash flow and the client left a good feedback, it doesn't really matter how many milestones were aproved. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
filip_knezevic
Community Member

Situation one is bad. Contract closed with no money flow will reflect negatively on your JSS.

This is how I 'solved' it. 

I had a cheap and hard client, who suddenly was not convinced I'm a good fit for his project. I forgot to turn on time when we started and we worked for about 45 minutes. We've agreed to continue tomorrow and I told him I will add my 40 minutes tomorrow. But while I was sleeping, lurker closed the job, sending me a message he is not convinced I'm a good fit anymore. 😄 

Anyway, I contacted support and explained the issue and they suggested to ask him for a bonus, so my JSS will not be affected. They even said they will contact the client and ask him to leave a bonus as I didn't log my time. So they did. The client, feeling generous, left me 5 dollar bonus. 

My JSS stilll dropped for 1%, so he probably left a negative recommendation. Maybe the drop would be more severe of there was no money flow. I don't know.

Anyway, moral of the story: always start your clock when you work with a new client. 🙂

When I establish a relationship with a client, I usually add manual time, as using the app can be annoying. And the clients don't complain.

Situation two is OK. If there was cash flow and the client left a good feedback, it doesn't really matter how many milestones were aproved. 

Well, as things it turns out, it went not so bad at the end.

I managed to talk to my client and he was collaborative.

He gave me 5 stars and $5 bonus, so my JSS is not hit. On the other hand, $5 is ludicrous after he offers $40/hr and we worked more than 2hs.

Anyways, I feel at ease. I dodge a bullet.

Well, hopefully he gave you real five stars. If not, you will notice after stats update. 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members