🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: JSS
Page options
joeoko
Community Member

JSS & Client Feedback

I think Upwork should find a way to compel clients to leave a rating.

If upwork cannot do this, it must stop to deduct points from JSS for contracts with no client feedback.

It is extremely unfair to leave us begging clients to end contracts pending with zero activity for months or leave feedback, yet still have our Job Success Scores reduced when lazy clients fail to do so.

Really unfair.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Odey J wrote:

I think Upwork should find a way to compel clients to leave a rating..

Here we go again. How would you suggest clients should be "compelled??"

Odey J wrote:

If upwork cannot do this, it must stop to deduct points from JSS for contracts with no client feedback.

It doesn't. Unless the percentage of such contracts is literally insanely high, which yours is not, they have no effect at all.

It is extremely unfair to leave us begging clients to end contracts pending with zero activity for months or leave feedback,

No need to ever do anything like that. 

Just encourage clierts to close the contract when the work is done.

Your JSS is not what it is because of "No feedback" contracts.

I have no idea what Upwork means by "excessive numbers of contracts with no feedback" but you don't have them. I can show you people with 100% JSS and most of their contracts closed without feedback.

joeoko
Community Member

Well, JSS is updated every two weeks.

In the two week period, I did only one job and was rated full 5 **.

In that same two week period, I ended six inactive contracts, next thing JSS drops by 5%.

How do you explain that?
petra_r
Community Member

Odey J wrote:

stars are irrelevant...

Odey J wrote:
How do you explain that?

Private feedback and possibly contract(s?) with nothing ever paid (closed without payment, fully refunded or open for months with nothing paid EVER)

tlbp
Community Member

Odey J wrote:
Well, JSS is updated every two weeks.

In that same two week period, I ended six inactive contracts, next thing JSS drops by 5%.

How do you explain that?

You can't just make a random guess as to why your JSS dropped and then claim it to be true. There are hundreds of posts explaining the many factors that affect JSS, go read them. 

petra_r
Community Member

Tonya P wrote:
Odey wrote
How do you explain that?

You can't just make a random guess as to why your JSS dropped and then claim it to be true. T. 

It's a psychological phenomenon: So much nicer to be able to blame some evil external factor outside one's control than to face the fact that occasionally clients are not as happy with the way things went as one would like to think they were.

People would blame the full moon for their JSS if they thought for a second they'd get away with it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members