🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS and Reviews
Page options
akshayshan
Community Member

JSS and Reviews

If i started a contract with a client, but then, the client is expecting more than what was to be expected for the client's budget, then i complete the job and after ending the contract, it is very likelythat the client wont be giving atleast 8+ recommendation review in the private review, but the client gives 5 star review in public review, Can i give the client a 5star public review , and a lower private review, so that it won't affect my JSS? 

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Akshay S wrote:

Can i give the client a 5star public review , and a lower private review, so that it won't affect my JSS? 

Whatever feedback you leave to the client has no effect on how the contract outcome affects your JSS. Whether your feedback to the client is completely negative or perfect, the contract will affect your JSS in exactly the same way.

How about leaving honest and professional feedback?

Ma'am, But the client is like changing the terms. They have very low budget, and we agreed on the terms, but the work load is increasing , and if the client demands to do more work without any extra payments, and the clientgives a bad review after ending contract, what can a freelncer do? it is a totally helpless situation,right?

Akshay S wrote:

Ma'am, But the client is like changing the terms. They have very low budget, and we agreed on the terms, but the work load is increasing , and if the client demands to do more work without any extra payments, and the clientgives a bad review after ending contract, what can a freelncer do? it is a totally helpless situation,right?

It is not. You can stop working with this client at any time. 

Martina P wrote:

Akshay S wrote:

It is not. You can stop working with this client at any time. 

Yes, he can stop working with that client and end the contract on his end, but the client can still leave poor feedback that may dampen his prospects of getting future work, which is what the freelancer is trying to avoid - especially since said feedback is likely to be retaliatory for refusing to accept the scope creep. Upwork really has not defense mechanism for FLs in these situations. 

Yes ma'am. That was totally what i was trying to say. I think Upwork should come up with a defence mechanism for that.

Akshay S wrote:

Yes ma'am. That was totally what i was trying to say. I think Upwork should come up with a defence mechanism for that.

If it's a small amount of money, you can refund it. Upwork will not put something in place to remedy client/freelancer mismatches, your best strategy is to vet the client very carefully before accepting a job. Nothing you can regret more than clicking that "accept" button too fast, as you well know now. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members