cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS decrease with no contracts ending these past two weeks, last feedback from 4 months ago

gabriela_costa
Gabriela C Member Since: Mar 21, 2016
1 of 90

Hello everyone. I have been struggling with JSS since the start but I trusted the system and had patience that things would get better. Two weeks ago finally I was rewarded with 87% JSS, and that was great. But now it is 80% again. Although I am sure you will not give me details, I can for sure say that this result makes no sense. It was on 27th May that I got my last feedback. It was a Friday, and it was in that weekend that my JSS improved significantily.

These past two weeks absolutely nothing changed except getting a new contract from a long term client. It hasn't finished and no other contracts were finished. Curiously I had 17% for Long Term Clients but now I have 0%!!! I still have the exact same contrats from two weeks ago and even got a new contract from a previous client. How is it possible that my JSS lowered so much without anything significant happening? Even more that the JSS is calculated 6, 12, 24 months and my oldest feedback is from around 4 months ago?

This is just another JSS story here in the forum and I don't really expect direct answers but I must say I am very dissapointed with such a random and not transparent system. Now with the increase in the Upwork fee, Upwork doesn't really want people to build any type of career here.

salmanaslam
Salman A Member Since: May 7, 2015
2 of 90

Hello Upwork community. I have been inactive this last few weeks  and no ongoing job at the moment and there are no ended contracts this last couple of weeks but to my surprise my JSS drops down from 100% to 77% just now. Can you please explain why this happened? I've been having a hard time getting a job with a JSS of 100% then suddenly it drops further to 77%. So much frustrating on this. Top rated profile with 77% success 😞Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 11.47.43 PM.png

autounsen
Autonu K Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
3 of 90

I am also having same issue 

neil-delgado
Neil D Member Since: Jun 12, 2016
4 of 90

I feel you. I was so surprised when I saw my JSS dropped from 97% to 91%. Past weeks I had successful projects and got good feedback. Sad thing here is, THEY CAN'T REALLY GIVE AN EXPLAINATION why is this happening. It's so unfair. They're INSANE!!!! 

fahad_saleem1121
Ace Contributor
Fahad S Member Since: Aug 31, 2013
5 of 90

Same thing happened with me. Mine went from 98% to 89%. I guess this is a glitch as many peopel are reporting massive declines in JSS today.  Please, moderators, report this to Customer Support. 

vicodinchik
Ace Contributor
Anton F Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
6 of 90

Same here and my 8 friends have a huge jss drop too. 

Support is answering like a bot, so I think we can't do something here.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 90

Gabriela, no one has the answers to questions like yours right now, but this discussion may be of interest to you. If you go through all of it, you'll see several comments by Upwork moderators about what their engineers are working on right now.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Long-term-clients-and-stats/td-p/209844

Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
8 of 90

Hello, 

My job success score went down 96-89 within 2 weeks. There is no contract started and begin in this duration. I have been enjoying top-rated position continuously for the last year or so.. 

Can someone help me what happened? 

Is this not ridiculus? 

Is there any logic behind it?

Hoping to hear you soon, 

Best Regards

Abdulrazaq

jared_k
Community Guru
Jared K Member Since: Dec 12, 2015
9 of 90

Abdul,

It looks like your 96% JSS went out of the twenty four month window and now the 89% score is the highest. I think the Upwork page about the Job Success Score explains the flucuations quite well:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358#how

So to answer your questions:

1. It may or may not be ridiculous depending on your perspective. You obviously believe it is.

2. Yes, there seems to be quite a bit of logic behind the JSS. I'm no programmer so I don't understand the nuances of the sciene behind the JSS algorithims, but they seem pretty objective and therefore logical.

rahatur
Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
10 of 90

Don’t bother. There is something wrong with it and you can do nothing about it.
Mine went down to 91 from 100 and then again went back to 100. I never had contracts closed in consecutive days in last one year. So there can be no reason JSS goes done one day and goes up the other day!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS