cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS decrease with no contracts ending these past two weeks, last feedback from 4 months ago

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
21 of 90

Hi Allen,

I see our team has been actively communicating with you on your ticket, and I can confirm our team's reply that it will take 2-3 weeks to remove the feedback you requested, as part of the new Top Rated perks. 

Untitled
5a8e4aec
Allen E H Member Since: Feb 12, 2016
22 of 90

well i was told 6 weeks ... 3 of course has already gone by.. but my frustration runs deeper than this ... your blind system is always going to bring surprising results... the rating system is significant to the bidding process but it isnt an effective tool for managing service levels of freelancers ... i am still waiting for a response on the change in rating this past week ... it makes no sense and i think that's obvious to any rational person ... there isnt a logical way to come up with a reasonable answer ... or at least i am waiting for you to give that a try.

where is the logic in a system that is not transparent, divisive, inconsistent and unexplainable without performing a slight of hand trick? 

Never teach a pig to sign, it is a waste of your time and it annoys the pig.
5a8e4aec
Allen E H Member Since: Feb 12, 2016
23 of 90

Update, I have not heard from the customer service rep in 5 days other than yourself.  The job that was to be removed had the feedback removed but it still shows. Since there is no transparency on feed back i can only assume it's still a negative impact.  So much for being a nice guy and helping someone out, that backfired, lesson learned . I will cancel the contract next time instead.

As for the score adjustments ... the lack of explanation can only mean 1 of 2 things... or possibly both:

A) You refuse to explain it because its a secret ... wonderful tool... a tool that models kids passing notes in high school behind someone's back ... its 2016 folks.  The subject of quality control, continuous improvement, business intelligence ... this is all mundane stuff that is common knowledge, well understood, tried and tested for decades. Why go against the grain and reinvent a broken wheel?

B) You can't explain it , it doesn't make any sense to you either, so it's better to ignore it.

The challenge I made is so simple in logic, it seems it should intuitively be a different end result

(one job drops my score 7 points (which you also admitted was not my fault ..client issue) ... the following week two jobs close 5.0 with nothing but praises ... job score goes up 2 points ... where is the math and logic in this?  How can we hope to manage our performance ... blindfolded in a dark room with instructions in Chinese and no flashlight)

Never teach a pig to sign, it is a waste of your time and it annoys the pig.
jkl
John Kimwell L Member Since: May 7, 2015
24 of 90

JS dropped from 92 to 81 and the funny thing is I was able to complete 4 tasks with a very happy client.

vicodinchik
Ace Contributor
Anton F Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
25 of 90

Same  here and all my friends have JSS drops. 
Long-term percentage is fall too, and support from live-chat answer nothing. 

fahad_saleem1121
Ace Contributor
Fahad S Member Since: Aug 31, 2013
26 of 90

As I posted here yesterday, my job score went down from 98%to 89% without any reason yesterday. Today, my long term clients % went down to 29% from 33% and I have lost my top rated badge as well, whereas the new policy said you have to have JSS of above 90% for at least 13 out of the last 16 weeks. I have 16/16 weeks above 90% JSS as shown in the bar. See the attached screenshot.

There are many others who are reporting weird JSS cuts. I request the moderators to please report this glithc to customer support. Out profiles and job prospects are on the line here. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
27 of 90

Fahad S wrote:I have lost my top rated badge as well, whereas the new policy said you have to have JSS of above 90% for at least 13 out of the last 16 weeks. I have 16/16 weeks above 90% JSS as shown in the bar.

That bit is correct, you misunderstood the new policy. It does NOT mean you remain toprated when your JSS falls below 90% - it means you won't be top rated even if above 90% UNLESS you have been above it for at least 13 out of the past 16 weeks.

You had 90% plus for 16 weeks until the last update, when it dropped below 90% hence you lost the badge. As soon as you get back to 90% you get it back, provided you have 13 out of the last 16 at 90%

Nowhere does it say that anyone with a JSS of below 90% retains their top rated status.

fahad_saleem1121
Ace Contributor
28 of 90

Thaks for explaining this policy. I am still flabbergasted about the declining JSS and overnight drop of long term clients percentage. A lot of people are reporting this issue and there is no answer on this yet. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
29 of 90

I understand, but it has been reported, so let's just wait and see what happens. Repeating the same story over and over and over and over again in every thread you can find just wastes your time and everyone else's.

My Long Term Client %age also halved from one day to the next, but it did not affect my JSS - I don't actually believe that the percentage as such has any impact on JSS, it is just on the stats for information purposes, but I have asked for this to be clarified as well

fahad_saleem1121
Ace Contributor
30 of 90

Thanks. One last question from you. Should I ask my long term clients to give feedback by ending current contracts. Will a good latest feedback help increasing the JSS? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS