cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS decrease with no contracts ending these past two weeks, last feedback from 4 months ago

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
31 of 90

@Fahad S wrote:

Should I ask my long term clients to give feedback by ending current contracts. Will a good latest feedback help increasing the JSS? 

If the contracts are completed then of course you should do all you can to get the clients to close them and leave feedback. Inactive contracts start to hurt your JSS after a while. Quite a few of yours are clearly long dead..... If you can get any of the ones that have been inactive for more than 3 months closed with great feedback, it will remove them as a negative factor and add them to positive facts, which invariably WILL help your JSS

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
32 of 90

Hi All,

The team has identified the root cause of an issue that excludes some contracts from the calculation and causes some users' JSS to display incorrectly. They are working to fix this urgently and make sure your JSS shows correctly again as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

unadinic
Una D Member Since: Aug 6, 2015
33 of 90

Hi Valeria,

Is that the reason my JSS was yesterday calculated twice? First 93% and than again recalculated to 89% (which was my score for past two weeks)?

Thanks,

Una

c_embate
Carr Ilou E Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
34 of 90

Hi good day all!

Just want to ask. Yestarday my Job success is 89% and now it turn to 75%. Hope you have answer for this. Thank you!

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
35 of 90

Many people have found significant drops in their JSS today. Mine only went down one point, but it's strange because I completed a couple jobs with great feedback, so I'm watching it closely. There was some thought that there may be a bug since some people saw 2 drops in their JSS in a single day, when normally the calculation is refreshed only once in a cycle. 

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
36 of 90

Mine also went down one point twice yesterday.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
37 of 90

Looks like they did a followup update. My percent stayed the same but my clients that would recommend me went from 93 to 92.

mariawicz5
Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
38 of 90

@Jennifer M wrote:

Looks like they did a followup update. My percent stayed the same but my clients that would recommend me went from 93 to 92.

Ditto except my JSS went down by 7 points which I think is a result of the % of clients who would recommned me going down 5 points (although it shouldn't have). I don't know what's going on, but I would love someone to look into that aspect as well so I can hopefully start regaining some points.

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
39 of 90

Thanks for your patience, we understand the urgency of displaying an accurate JSS score and this is a top priority for us.  This evening, the Engineering team will be pushing a fix to some users, those users will notice a change in their JSS scores. Our teams are actively working to resolve the issue for all users as quickly as possible, we will update you with more information as we receive it.

-Lena

Untitled
unadinic
Una D Member Since: Aug 6, 2015
40 of 90

Lena,

my score changed again, but just for 1% up. On Sunday my JSS was 93%, than in the Sunday evening went to 89% and yesterday evening changed to 90%. So what is my accurate JSS? And why I dont have Top Rated badge, even though I have 90% and 15/16 eligible weeks?

Also, on my stats page it says 4.99 for last 12 months, and when you look at my profile and my jobs from june 2015 I had all 5 stars. Its not much, 0.1% , but why???

I contacted support, but obviously guy who is handling my issue havent got a clue that Upwork has problem with JSS and he kept sending me templated answers what can affect JSS score and not answering my questions - why my score is changed two (now three) times in two days and why I dont have my Top rated badge even though I am qualified for it.

Thanks,

Una

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS