cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS decrease with no contracts ending these past two weeks, last feedback from 4 months ago

c_embate
Carr Ilou E Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
41 of 90

mine minus 17% percent. And it really affect in applying to a job post because some of client prefer 90% Job success rate. And the most important is that we work hard to make our Job success rate came that far. But Im hoping that upwork will fix this problem soon.

c_embate
Carr Ilou E Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
42 of 90

Mine went down to 17% hope they will fix this soon.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
43 of 90

@Una D wrote:

Hi Valeria,

Is that the reason my JSS was yesterday calculated twice? First 93% and than again recalculated to 89% (which was my score for past two weeks)?

Una, I think those who were affected by "the issue" which caused certain contracts to have been excluded from the calculation had theirs adjusted.

Obviously excluding certain contracts can have a positive or negative effect, in your case it seems to have a positive effect, so when the contract(s) that was/were excluded were added back in the JSS reset to what it should have been in the first place.

In your case 89%

unadinic
Una D Member Since: Aug 6, 2015
44 of 90

Petra,

I sent email for contract exclusion after this issue came up (on monday 13.6 ) and not sure if it is excluded yet. So, that hasent got any effect to my score, yet (and support told me it may take up to 3 weeks to take effect).  

My score was recalculated to 93% on Sunday 12.6 with  regular JSS recalculation, and again on Sunday later in the night it was reverted back to 89%. like it was for past two weeks. 

Now , today its up 1% again. So, something is definitely not right yet. And by the way, I still dont have Top rated badge even though I now have score of 90% and 15/16 eligible weeks

forcitcample
Community Leader
bharti s Member Since: May 3, 2010
45 of 90

Can you Let us know when it gonna be fixed ? it has Affected us so badly . And kindly let me know what should i do with paused or suspended contracts since those clients have disappeared on me . 

prernamalhan
Prerna M Member Since: Jun 13, 2016
46 of 90

Hi,

Can you please help me with this JSS concept too? I have been a top-rated contractor for almost 5 years with 100% JSS. Just a few minutes back, I got a shocker- JSS declined to 83%. Why? How? It's such a big disappointment. 

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
47 of 90

There is a bug that is affecting some users' JSS scores.They're working to fix it.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
lynne583
Ace Contributor
Lynne P Member Since: Feb 28, 2013
48 of 90

Thank you for the information, Katrina. I'll keep an eye on mine!

m_radmilac
Milos R Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
49 of 90

I had the exact same experience today! My JSS score went up to 89% two-three days ago and the only change, the ONLY change that happened since then was that the current client was PLEASED with the work, gave me a small bonus, and added another milestone! That's it! Instead now, I have lower score, less long-term clients and worst chances for hire since I started here!

I went on a mini-rant in my Upwork feedback, for which I do apologize, but come on! I just got it back up again, and now this?! I did nothing! NOTHING! :/ What's worse is that the client was fantastic, so I don't know what's the problem.

I hope you'll solve this ASAP!

lynne583
Ace Contributor
Lynne P Member Since: Feb 28, 2013
50 of 90

Just thought I'd check in since I haven't been checking the forums for a while. Just adding to the litany...My Job Success Score has decreased a percentage point. I have NO idea why, since I'm actually unavailable at the moment, due to the pile of work I have from my LONG-TERM, SATISFIED clients. This random "score" is a joke - why does it change when there is zero activity?? I suspect that Upwork penalizes us for being unavailable; after all, no fees for them! I may be unavailable for new work, but I'm still working, providing QUALITY work to my established clients. Upwork still gets 10 percent of the money I've earned (but don't get me started on that, or on their latest brainstorm, their heinous new fees). 

Sorry for the rant, but this situation deserves a rant!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS