cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS decrease with no contracts ending these past two weeks, last feedback from 4 months ago

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
51 of 90

So you are thinking that you should have no overhead on the money "you" earn? Have you researched the cost of self-marketing? If you had your own website, did your own marketing, and found your own clients, then you could give yourself whatever score you wanted. It might be something to consider. Then you could keep every dime of your money. 

There are legitimate issues with the functionality of this site, but complaining about paying a fee for services is just a distraction. 

lynne583
Ace Contributor
Lynne P Member Since: Feb 28, 2013
52 of 90

Pardon the distraction; I admit I got off on a tangent, but "I" did earn that money. That is not my point, and I fully understand what overhead is. I'm not saying Upwork shouldn't take a fee; I'm just saying that I object to a bloated, unfair fee. I think my remarks are quite valid, and I thought I had a right to express them. And I do run a business; this is not the only venue I use for it. 

Back to the topic that I deviated from, does anyone have any idea how the JSS works? And why can't Upwork be more transparent about it?

rein_depedro
Irene D Member Since: Jun 13, 2016
53 of 90
I had the same issue. Jss is still the same but my top rated badge is gone. I still have the same clients going 2 years now. Both are active.
tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
54 of 90

Ok, my long-term clients has been restored and my JSS went up a point (as I suspected it should have at the last recalculation but had not). So- I'm going to say the long-term client/JSS glitch is fixed, at least for some of us.

Re: The rising talent badge. I had this happen a few weeks ago. One day, it was just gone with no change to my stats. I thought maybe I had been suspended or put on hold and just hadn't been notified! I contacted CS and they forwarded to an engineer to fix. The badge was restored w/in 24 hours. Communication wasn't as clear as it could have been- I had to clarify that it really was a technical glitch and not something I'd done because it wasn't clear in the reply. However, the fix was made promptly. 

mani619cash
Umair A Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
55 of 90

HI,

I had my JOB SUCCESS score 94%, I just ended a contract with about $400 earned money and 5/5 star rating and nice feedback.

Here is funny side, next morning I was happy my JOB SUCCESS will go up, but not, it was down to 92%

And next morning it was 90%

and today it is dropped to 87%.

Can I ask someon how the hell it works? I mean its totally bad system they have.

Even a freellancer does everything right, and client is bad/arrogant, client will leave a bad private feedback and freelancer's JOB SUCCESS will go down a mile. Why is this system favoring clients??? Freelacner cannot do anything if a client leaves them a bad private feedback for no reason.

My request is to bring back that old 5 star feedback system. Because JOB SUCCESS system is total crap, believe me its total crap.

naitikgolakiya
Naitik P Member Since: Nov 18, 2015
56 of 90

First of all , 

Job Success score Updates Every Two Weeks . 

Same thing is Happening to me.

It was updated two days before and It's just updated today.

I have reached upwork support team and they are investigating the issue .

I will update here as soon as I get updates from them.

mani619cash
57 of 90

Yes, now a days, it is being updated each and every day. and guess what, it is only GOING DOWN, not going UP.

I request all users who see this post, ask Upwork to replace that 5 Star Feedback with this Job Success Score.

egorova_tatiana
Tatiana E Member Since: Feb 23, 2015
58 of 90

Same here. It was actually updated twice on June, 12 - lowering my JSS from 99% to 98% at night and lifting it to 100% in the afternoon. And it was updated again today, lowering to 98%. No finished contracts over 2 days, no contracts to drop from the feedback score over the year but mb smth dropped oout of the last year's earnings. The fact that earnings affect the JSS is lovely, really.

mani619cash
59 of 90

Wao @Tatiana E, your JSS changed twise a day. there must be some bug going in there system.

Personally, I do not like JSS system. 

Clients leave you -ve feedbacks/comments BEHIND YOUR BACK and you do not even know about that. If clients have any problem with us, they can directly talk to us regarding quality of work/ouput.

JSS is totally in favor of clients.

naitikgolakiya
Naitik P Member Since: Nov 18, 2015
60 of 90

It shouldn't be updated twice a day , There is issue in system . 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS