🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS decreasing
Page options
umairmughal77
Community Member

JSS decreasing

Hi Upworkers
My JSS is decreasing from last four weeks. I don't know why. Even in this period I won many proposal and many free connect. But after this my JSS decrease from 93% to 85% and today is 83%. Even I got work and positive feedback.
And two things
Clients who give feedback don't leave the review
And many jobs for which I won are deleted from the platform.
Is that reason for decreasing JSS.
And one question I don't know why that jobs was deleted from the platform because I have done many jobs like these in the past on upwork.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

The jobs are getting deleted likely because they are academic fraud (which it looks like you have already assisted students in committing based on some of the past jobs in your profile). 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Umair S wrote:
My JSS is decreasing from last four weeks. I don't know why. Even in this period I won many proposal and many free connect. But after this my JSS decrease from 93% to 85% and today is 83%. Even I got work and positive feedback.

Positive public feedback does not mean positive private feedback and it's the private feedback that drives the JSS- The average public feedback is 4,9 - clients just leave 5 stars by default most of the time.

Umair S wrote:
Clients who give feedback don't leave the review

The stars are the feedback. Written words are irrelevant as far as the SS is concerned.

Umair S wrote:
And many jobs for which I won are deleted from the platform.
Is that reason for decreasing JSS.
And one question I don't know why that jobs was deleted from the platform because I have done many jobs like these in the past on upwork.

What do you mean "jobs you won are deleted?"

Generally, these day, when someone's JSS drops, it's private feedback that did it. There was a contract in February where the client marked you down for both skills and quality. Also, when more positive outcomes fall out of your calculation window than positive outcomes are added to it, the JSS can drop without any new poor outcome, simply because the poor outcomes left in the window weigh more. The JSS can also go up when a poor outcome falls out of the window.

By the way... As a lecturer yourself, surely you do know that jobs such as doing students' assignments for them is a violation of Upwork's terms of service?

Thanks for this response. What is private feedback?

Umair S wrote:

Thanks for this response. What is private feedback?

"Private feedback" is what your clients *really* think.

Shall we go back to academic fraud, which is something that gets profiles suspended for?

Thanks for this information. I didn't know that assisting in the exam is against the rule of Upwork.

But now how can I improve my JSS

a_lipsey
Community Member

The jobs are getting deleted likely because they are academic fraud (which it looks like you have already assisted students in committing based on some of the past jobs in your profile). 

Thanks for your response. I got it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members