🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS didn't change after reviews
Page options
holloway_lois
Community Member

JSS didn't change after reviews

Hi there, 

Quite a story here, and really look forward to clarifications from you, or - maybe, Upwork staffs. 

I started my journey here with an initial rating of 88%, after which I closed 2 contracts with 4.60 and 4.80 public reviews, respectively. It was time for rating, it dropped to 70%. I chatted Upwork for enlightenment, and they did - although, not clear. After a 5 star review, it moved to 75%. Within the past 2 weeks, I'd ended 3 contracts, 2 of which were 5-star feedbacks, and the third, 4.60. With this, I'd expected my JSS to, at least, move an inch, but it didn't. I still have 75% JSS on my profile. I'll reallly appreciate if this is looked into. 

Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6
farrukh-makhdum
Community Member

Delete

It does take some time, 2 weeks, to be precise, and that was yesterday. 

Oluwaseun O wrote:

It does take some time, 2 weeks, to be precise, and that was yesterday. 

The 4.6 star client marked you down for both skills and quality. That generally goes hand in hand with less than enthusiastic private feedback as well.

You may want to consider not working with US or UK based clients, who will likely find your English and your writing style not ideally suited to their target audience, and that is likely at the root of your very low JSS. Your clients consistently mark you down for quality.

Also interesting how one of your early clients thought you were a woman called Lois....

varungs
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Also interesting how one of your early clients thought you were a woman called Lois....

Good catch. Very telling.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Oluwaseun O wrote:

Hi there, 

Quite a story here, and really look forward to clarifications from you, or - maybe, Upwork staffs. 

I started my journey here with an initial rating of 88%, after which I closed 2 contracts with 4.60 and 4.80 public reviews, respectively. It was time for rating, it dropped to 70%. I chatted Upwork for enlightenment, and they did - although, not clear. After a 5 star review, it moved to 75%. Within the past 2 weeks, I'd ended 3 contracts, 2 of which were 5-star feedbacks, and the third, 4.60. With this, I'd expected my JSS to, at least, move an inch, but it didn't. I still have 75% JSS on my profile. I'll reallly appreciate if this is looked into. 

Thank you. 

The public rating is pretty meaningless. What counts is private feedback = clients that would recommend you. What's your percentage there?

bizwriterjohn
Community Member

As noted in other posts.  In addition to my contractor work, I hire Upworkers.  When a project is closed down, hiring clients have a ratings block that is hidden from the client.  It could be possible a client left your a visibly attractive rating and yet behind the scenes, left a poor rating.  The JSS Big Math pays close attention to the behind the scenes rating left by hiring clients.

For reference, and I do not believe this is any super secret information that need be protected. What we (as a hiring client) sees is a ratings scale from 1 to 10 that starts with "will not rehire (o)" to "definitely will rehire (10)".  That rating is not seen on your profile.  It is most surely seen by the JSS Big Math.

- Boomer, who loves ice cream.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members