Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JSS drop - private feedback should be removed entirely

crart
Ace Contributor
Olga P Member Since: Aug 26, 2017
11 of 15

@Tonya P wrote:

Perhaps there should be no stars at all and only private feedback. Then, freelancers wouldn't complain about the unfairness between the two ratings. 

I doubt Upwork will remove it. I guess they will do nothing and once again, no matter how hard I try, how hard I work (and I work 14 hours a day, 6 days a week, using up all of my bids and praying they would renew faster every month) - there may be one person that ruins it all just because they can put 5 stars in public and negative feedback in private. Long live hypocrisy. We are overall creating a very unfriendly world. 

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
12 of 15

You can reopen your public feedback and allow the client to alter it. If you were to allow each of your most recent clients to alter their feedback and ask them to be fully honest perhaps they would change the star rating to reflect their honest review. 

smartdame
Dame D Member Since: Jul 23, 2018
13 of 15

Hi,

In case a freelancer withdraws from a contract that is already in placed but hasn't started the project. Like when it turned out that the project all the while is not exactly like what was described in the Job description. In which case, when the freelancer withdraws becasue of that reason, can the client leave a private feedback? Take note that no payment was made because contract was then cancelled.

Thanks

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 15

Dame D wrote:

In which case, when the freelancer withdraws becasue of that reason, can the client leave a private feedback? Take note that no payment was made because contract was then cancelled.

Yes, the client can leave private feedback, and also bear in mind that contracts which close without anything ever having been paid and no feedback, will also affect your JSS negatively.

smartdame
Dame D Member Since: Jul 23, 2018
15 of 15

Thanks for your reply Petra. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS