🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS drop
Page options
4206f43e
Community Member

JSS drop

Hello,

I have read many comments about JSS calculation, problems and solutions, so besides "the formula" I am confident that I can understand what is going on with my account.

I have seen a drop in JSS after my last job "Sept 30" and contacted my last client. He told me that if he is the reason for the drop he will try to fix and he contacted the upwork. Upto that point my score was above 90 now 75.

What he did was to open an hourly contract then we had decided to make a new contract to make it a "fixed-price" one. He closed the hourly one on the same day with "0 usd" and we thought it would not be a problem because "0 USD contact with no action on it". We finished the other "fixed-price" contract with no problem and the job is delivered.

I have contacted upwork for my JSS drop more than 3 times explaining from different perspectives and they only say there is a "private feed back". My case is this:

1- I have two contracts which are opened same day by one client. First he opened an hourly contract then we decided we should go on with a fixed-rate one. So he opened a "fixed-rate" contract closing the first one.  So the hourly contract was not used (0 USD and I dont think there is feedback since it is not used) . (contract 1 fixed rate -  contract 2 hourly rate - pls see contracts.jpg)

2- I have another contract number 5 (client is not responding to my messages for 10 months, he made half the payments, I do not want to close it yet.)

I have added my contracts for you to review and my last score was more than 90 before the contracts 1 and 2. 

The above cases are only the reasons:

Case 1 is saying that he checked with upwork, he will try to fix it if he is the reason (pls see. Client_response.jpg)

Case 2 is not reponding for 10 months.

HERE IS THE PICTURE. 

Thank you for comments. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You really have to leave your clients alone. Private feedback can't be changed, so all of this effort and making the client open support tickets is futile. Why are you talking about "we"? You should be the only person working under this profile. One feedback on an hourly contract mentions another person. You are not allowed to outsource work on hourly contracts. 

What is your clients that would recommend you percentage?

Hi Martina,

Thank you for the comments. I find it hard to understand why everybody thinks from upwork perspective - no offense.

First, I am not trying to change a feedback and I did not requesf my client to do so. It was totaly his reaction when I told him the situation, so I dont understand your comment about leaving him alone. I was in a situation to explain it to myself why this happened. My aim is to learn if there is a miscalculation or wrong process. I will totally accept the reason if this is due to my performance but if it is not it is unacceptable.

I am the person responsible for the job and deliver it. I generally use the term "we", I have qualified mentors, lawyers  and colleagues whom I have contact and always use their guidance/support if necessary. It is not easy to find a person who is qualified in a couple if fields, so I always use an expert if necessary as a mentor/ expert. There is no outsourcing etc. All the job is prepared, controlled and delivered as good as it can be.

There is one job and one contract. The first contracf is opened but since it was hourly  and my client decided to open another one continue with the fixed-rate contract so the hourly one was not necessary.

I did not get your last questlon

Again my aim is simple just to learn whether my drop is due to a feedback or not. If it is not feedback it is costing me time and money.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

On your stats page - What is your clients that would recommend you percentage?

4206f43e
Community Member

80 percent

That is your accumulated private feedback. 80% has lots of room for improvement. 

4206f43e
Community Member

Dear All,

I think I had clearly stated my thoughts, concerns and evidences related to my situation. My situation is this;

1- My jss is dropped dramatically without a proper reason - upwork people still giving the same answer that it is "private feed back" and "unexplainable jss calculation"

2- The other party say that he will do everything to help me; but upwork and its protectors are saying it is impossible. My question why it is impossible - you will just ask two sides and make a correction beacuse this result is due to error of both parties and they want to correct it- Nobody even does not try to understand my situation, I feel they dont care. They (support people) even did not care to look at the system and ask an extra questlon. They always closed my questions after giving  a template  answer. How can a question be closed when you have not get enough answer. What is the aim of the support then? They close the question and say please contact us if you have questions. " But we are closing the case to increase our answer rate"

3 - I want to learn "what happened" not who is giving me what and it is my right to learn the reason. You can easily do it without sharing any info about the clients.

4- I work in the IT probably more than eaxh individual your teams and I totaly see this situation as this; people dont know what is going on JSS side and dont want to spend time for solving it and explaining it to you. If there is an error on JSS calculation, people will suffer and it will not be very important beacuse nobody will not know anything about it "even the freelancer". This is the second ridiculous thing I have seen in such an IT system.

5- Rather than helping both sides, upwork people removed my attachment from

my discussion. I have uploaded my clients message stating that he will help me (he was only saying that, I put it as an evindence) but upwork removed it. I dont think your community guidelines mean that you cannot share those messages - there is clear will of the party - there is no confidential info related to neither a job or client, or personal GDPR data.

This shows that again upwork does not want to learn anything from you but try to emphasize what you should not do and should live with-  like a low jss.

(I accidently learned that they are removing uncommented contracts from the jss calculation. Nobody helped me. Otherwise my problem would be unsolvable)

martina_plaschka
Community Member

It is impossible to change private feedback. Nobody can do it, you can't do it, the client can't do it. I don't know if even upwork could technically do it, but they will not. It would be terribly unfair if they changed private feedback for one person and not for millions of others. In that sense, JSS is perfectly fair - everybody gets treated the same, nobody gets a separate calculation. There is no error in your calculation. 

Your aggregated private feedback is 80%. That means that one or more clients gave you bad private feedback. 

You don't have to live with a bad JSS, far from it. You can improve it with every contract, provided you get great private feedback. 

I accidently learned that they are removing uncommented contracts from the jss calculation. 

You misunderstood. Feedback without comments (only stars) are not excluded. Contracts without feedback are excluded, because they have no feedback, they play no role in the calculation. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members