🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS dropped because of unresponsive client th...
Page options
modvalnick
Community Member

JSS dropped because of unresponsive client that didn't leave me feedback

Hello UpWork community,
I suppose my JSS dropped because of unresponsive client that didn't leave me feedback, i have only 1 contract that i closed after my client went unresponsive and in the terms and conditions of UpWork it's mentioned that it will be taken into consideration only if there are several empty feedbacks on my profile. I am very sad about that, is there something that can be done? here is a screenshot of my stats which show that 100% of my clients would recommend me again.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
modvalnick
Community Member

Ok, thank you Tonya for your reply. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Nick M wrote:

I suppose my JSS dropped because of unresponsive client that didn't leave me feedback.

No, it did not.  Why would you "suppose" that?

Hi Petra, thank you for your quick reply. Because i do not have a negative feedback or something that could influence my JSS other than the empty feedback

tlbp
Community Member

Nick M wrote:

Hello UpWork community,
I suppose my JSS dropped because of unresponsive client that didn't leave me feedback, i have only 1 contract that i closed after my client went unresponsive and in the terms and conditions of UpWork it's mentioned that it will be taken into consideration only if there are several empty feedbacks on my profile. I am very sad about that, is there something that can be done? here is a screenshot of my stats which show that 100% of my clients would recommend me again.

There is nothing to be done. JSS what it is. 

modvalnick
Community Member

Ok, thank you Tonya for your reply. 

lucioric
Community Member

If you closed your contract without receiving any payment, Upwork penalizes non-earning contracts. What you should have done is submitting the work via the Submit work button, then if the client is unresponsive, the funds will be realized. After that, you can end your contract, specifying as reason 'Client is not responsive'.

I don't know what happens in the case that the client simply fail to come in to specify the requirements and then the freelancer cannot start the work. Are the freelancers able to be punished by the JSS if the client vanishes right after hiring the freelancers?. Upwork staf people, please ask my question.

petra_r
Community Member

Lucio Ricardo M wrote:

I don't know what happens in the case that the client simply fail to come in to specify the requirements and then the freelancer cannot start the work. 

That should never happen.

Any freelancer who accepts a contract without and before having everything they need to complete the first milestone or start tracking time has made a serious tactical mistake. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths