cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JSS dropped

Community Leader
David S M Member Since: Apr 24, 2018
1 of 10

Just noticed my JSS dropped from 100% to 98%. I am top-rated, have all 5-star ratings, work consistently, have a few long-term contracts, and was proud of my 100% score. Why did it drop? 

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 10

Image 2018-09-20 at 11.34.21 AM.png

Community Leader
3 of 10

??

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 10

My Tonya translation: private feedback

Community Leader
5 of 10

And....??

Highlighted
Community Leader
Marina R Member Since: Sep 30, 2016
BEST ANSWER
6 of 10

I'm surprised that as a freelancer with a 100% JSS, you're not aware of the intricacies of the system. 

There is more to it than the 5 stars and a nice comment they give you. They are also asked if they would recommend you and also if the job is finished successfully or if something else is the reason of the contract being closed. 

Those and the other few things in Tonya's screenshot make up the private feedback. You never know what it is. But if it's negative, it will affect your JSS negatively. Sorry. 

Community Leader
7 of 10

But, how do you know for certain that's the only answer? I really don't know who would leave negative private feedback, then give me a 5-star rating publically. It doesn't make sense. I do have a couple old projects with no payments on it for at least 2 months. How do you know for sure that isn't what's dropping my score? 

Community Leader
Marina R Member Since: Sep 30, 2016
8 of 10

Well, that can definitely be a factor as well. Although I have a few contracts that are inactive for months, and fairly sporadic, but I haven't seen a change... yet. 

Either way, they always claim their system is ridiculously complicated, and the algorhytm just does its own thing. Meaning, no one will have a specific answer for you. 

Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
9 of 10

David S M wrote:

But, how do you know for certain that's the only answer? I really don't know who would leave negative private feedback, then give me a 5-star rating publically. It doesn't make sense. I do have a couple old projects with no payments on it for at least 2 months. How do you know for sure that isn't what's dropping my score? 

Just doing a little sleuthing here...you left less than 5 stars for your most recent client. Was something up there? Because if you felt something was a little off perhaps so did he...? Just a thought.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 10

David S M wrote:

I do have a couple old projects with no payments on it for at least 2 months. How do you know for sure that isn't what's dropping my score? 

Have you ever received payment on those contracts? If so, they are not hurting your JSS.

If you have any contracts that closed without any payment (ever) or are open for months without nothing ever paid, that can be it, too.

As for why clients leave 5 stars and poor(er) private feedback: Generally it's because they were previously on the receiving end of freelancers flipping out because they did not get 5 star feedback...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS