JSS fell despite all other stats went up

Highlighted
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
1 of 7

Can someone please explain this:

Public feedback grew from 4.58 to 4.88
Clients who would recommend me from 44% to 47%
Three jobs closed. For two of these I have received good feedback. The remaining one did not satisfy the client but its worth is barely 2% of the combined worth from the two jobs rated good. Even there, the public feedback is not that bad.

One job paused by the client two weeks ago.
No open dormant jobs. No refunds nor disputes.

JSS fell from 83% to 80%.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 7

The client who gave you bad feedback most likely gave you bad private feedback which weighs on your JSS.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 7

I am aware of that, but it overweighed two much more valuable jobs. Overall, that job contributed 0.25% to all my earnings in the last 12 months, and no more than 1% in the 6 month timeframe and is the first dissatisfactory job after at least six jobs that ended with great feedback.

Perhaps they gave me 1 on the scale 1 to 10, whoch would rise many more other questions regarding what clients can be allowed to do and what they can't. Even jobs that fell off my timeframes cannot be a reason. I believed that the "Clients who would recommend you"could reveal some ideas about our private feedback but it is very possibly not the case.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Miroslav, 

There are 2 types of feedbacks.

1. 5 star ratings that does not effect your job success score. 

2. Client's private feedbacks can cause the fluctuation in the job success score. 

There is not a gurantee if your client gives you 5 star ratings but we can's say anything about private feedback. We can't see it. We can only feel it when job success score updates every two weeks. Then we can guess what happened?

Best Regards

Abdulrazaq

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 7

Feedback is Dollar weighed and always counts the last 12 months.

JSS takes the best out of a 6 month, 12 month and 24 month window. Unfortunately you have a number of "lukewarm" and "poor-ish" and no feedback contracts throughout your history, so no significant safety net in either time window.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 7

Well if it's weighed it's even more weird. These bad ratings you mentioned were not an obstacle to have the JSS rise from 80% to 83% four weeks ago. These jobs  were already there back then. Also, two low-rated jobs from Elance fell from the 12 month timeframe, and one more weak job is now about to fell from the 6-month timeframe. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 7

Feedback is Dollar weighed. JSS is either not Dollar weighed, or significantly less so (I believe "not" is the case)

Because of the way percentages work (basic maths) a bad result will always have a far more significant impact than a positive one.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS