Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS gone from my profile

Highlighted
Zeljko M Member Since: Feb 28, 2018
1 of 11

Hi,
If you check my profile (https://www.upwork.com/fl/zeljkomitic3?viewMode=1), you will see pretty amazing reviews from my clients. 

I did take a very long hiatus and just recently, started working again as freelancer. My first project here (all others are imported from elance) also got 5/5 + feeedback but suddenly, JSS is removed from my profile (which was displayed before).

I work only on high-end applications and every single job I check requires at least 90% JSS. I know I can bid those jobs but if clients sees I am not fulfilling the requirement, I won't get it.

Before anything: I do understand that top-rated status depends of 3 clients/24 months. I am not asking about that but job success score; all my jobs were 100% finished.

What seems to be the problem?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 11

Hi Zeljko,

All freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article.
If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 11

Sorry, my bad, I missread the help page.

Anyway, does this mean I basically need to start from scratch? It look me lots of jobs to increase my hourly rate to $55; with no JSS, there is zero chance I would get any job.

Before this last job, I did have 100% JSS and it still took me lots of proposals before landing it. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 11

You can not have a JSS if you don't have enough contracts in your 24 month window to calculate one.

At the moment you have 3 finished contracts in the 2 year window of which 66% are "no feedback."

Highlighted
5 of 11

In that case, there is a bug somewhere. My last job also required 90% JSS and I was able to apply w/o problems. If you have access to my other proposals, you will see same thing in all of them. It was gone only after this job ended.

About other jobs; can I ask those clients for feedback? I know it has been long time but it is almost impossible to start all over again. I had personal reasons to have a long break and I was 100% convinced that JSS is based on all-time work.

For comparison, elance had 2 options: last 12 months and all-time. 

I understand it is my fault for missing the changes but I am asking if I have other options.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 11

Hi Zeljko,

Your Job Success Score is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows.  You have only 3 contracts in the past 24 months and that is the reason why your JSS was removed, you will need to finish few more contracts before receiving your JSS again. For more details about this please refer to the guide I shared above, thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mohamed A. A Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
7 of 11

Dear Zeljko,

You are still able to bid for those jobs, and have all the requirement. In your profil, we just see that you're a "rising talent". And I think for clients, you'll be considered as a Top Rated. 
The most important thing is that "blue" badge Smiley Happy 
You have it, no worry bro.

Wish you all the best,

Highlighted
8 of 11

Thanks, this rising talent just showed up; I passed the test today, 3rd time the charm Smiley Happy

But it doesn't kinda suck that there is no all-time JSS shown anywhere. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mohamed A. A Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
9 of 11

I think that's a good point that there is no all-time JSS. Simply because, in my believes, Upwork should gives the chance to beginners, or unlucky freelancers that had bad experience in their begining. As do the real life Smiley Wink

But the bad thing is that the way the JSS is calculated, makes it meaningless. As I'm experiencing right now. I saw my JSS droped from Top hundred to 93 because of 1 successful contract. The only thing is that it would takes several months to start. My client was late but happy. And all current closed contract are 5/5...
I can't understand where is the logical for success decrease.
If you permit, I hope hear you to give me more light on my case please.

Thank's in advance,

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
10 of 11

Hi Mhammed,

JSS can change due to a few different reasons including private feedback from a client, a job falling out of the calculation window, and inactive contracts. You can find some more information regarding changes in JSS by cheking out this article.

~Nina
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS