🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: JSS got low because of passiveness of min...
Page options
asryantigran95
Community Member

JSS got low because of passiveness of mine

I haven't used my profile for a year, and my JSS was 100% also I was top rated freelancer, but now I want to actively work on Upwork but my JSS is 67% and I don't have top rated badge. How can I solve this?
Also I can't open ticket, so please help me to solve my issues.

38 REPLIES 38
florydev
Community Member

Tigran A wrote:

I haven't used my profile for a year, and my JSS was 100% also I was top rated freelancer, but now I want to actively work on Upwork but my JSS is 67% and I don't have top rated badge. How can I solve this?
Also I can't open ticket, so please help me to solve my issues.

At the very serious risk of being wrong (and having Petra whack me with a ruler so that I will learn) it almost has to be about your last job.  The JSS window is 2 years long and that is the only job that falls in that time period.  That means that client gave you private feedback that was not so steller.  In case you don't know I am talking about this:

Untitled.png

From here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

I don't think there is anything you can do but find a job and knock it dead.  What I have never been sure of is if you have to have X number of jobs in the window to have a JSS in that window.  Since you have, I think, one job messing you up, then I would think one job would help you out...

Either way though if it were me I would some quick easy jobs you can knock out of the park until your JSS improves.  Otherwise I think in July 2020 your JSS will disappear completely.

Thanks for response, I'm sure that my last job feedback is excellent because I have earned approximately 35000$ and it is really excellent.
The problem is that I haven't used my profile for a while and my status was active for that period so the JSS got low. And now I can't open a ticket or talk to Upwork Support Agent. Can you help me with that?

Tigran A wrote:

Thanks for response, I'm sure that my last job feedback is excellent because I have earned approximately 35000$ and it is really excellent.
The problem is that I haven't used my profile for a while and my status was active for that period so the JSS got low. And now I can't open a ticket or talk to Upwork Support Agent. Can you help me with that?

Are they symbiotic? Feedback and earnings?

Can't a person pay what they are owed AND have a bad thoughts to (privately) share about a person with whom they've worked?

I communicate with that client until now, we are friends so there can't be that issue. I want to talk to support agent to know how to solve this.

Tigran A wrote:

Support will not help you with your JSS.

Did you have any (!) contracts in the last 2 years which started and either stayed open with no money ever earned or were closed with no money ever (!) earned, or fully refunded?

Also, take a look at your "Clients who would recommend you" percentage.

What is it?

That's the private feedback percentage given to you by all your clients from the start.

Because your long term big contract was the only contract in at least one of your calculation windows, it kept your JSS up.

When it ended, the client left private feedback as well as public feedback.

If that is the only contract that ended in the last two years, you had not-so-great private feedback on it. unless there are any of those "nothing paid" contracts in the 2-year window, which there does not seem to be.

I haven't used my profile for mroe thahn a year and my JSS was 100% and I had top rated badge, now I wanted to continue working on Upwork, but logging in I discovered that my JSS got low to 67%, and I want to understand why? As JSS is updated once 2 weeks, so if I haven't used my profile, it can't be connected with bad feedback, so please help me to solve!

Hi, I can't open a ticket on Upwork to talk to support agent, I have an issue with my profile and can't reach to solution with support agent, please help me!

Tigran A wrote:

Hi, I can't open a ticket on Upwork to talk to support agent, I have an issue with my profile and can't reach to solution with support agent, please help me!

If your problem is your JSS drop, please do not waste your and support's time.

I'm member of Upwork since 2009 and have approximately 50K earnings and have always been top rated with 100% JSS and now I find right to have this solved, after so many years cooperation with such success and Upwork MUST "waste" time on my issue. Thanks for worries about my time waste!

Hi Tigran,

Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I haven't used my profile for mroe thahn a year and my JSS was 100% and I had top rated badge, now I wanted to continue working on Upwork, but logging in I discovered that my JSS got low to 67%, and I want to understand why? As JSS is updated once 2 weeks, so if I haven't used my profile, it can't be connected with bad feedback, so please help me to solve!

Tigran A wrote:

Your JSS was "bumped up" by the long term client.

What is your private feedback percentage (The "Clients who would recommend" percentage on your "my stats page"

Hi Tigran,

Keep in mind that Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, repeat ones, pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. Lack of activity on the account doesn't have any negative effect on your Job Success score. That said, since JSS is calculated for time windows of 6-, 12- and 24 months, it may change as some contracts fall off of the calculation. Check out this help article for more information about how JSS is calculated.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
asryantigran95
Community Member

Please react UpWork Support, I really have big problems with this!!!!

Tigran, I'm not with support, but check your private feedback (Clients who would recommend you) at https://www.upwork.com/my-stats/ 

If it's low, then that's why your JSS is low.

Tigran - Upwork support cannot help you with your JSS. You have big problems with your account and you created those problems. The only way to dig yourself out of the hole you are in is to get to work and do some good jobs for people.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

You only have one project in your longest feedback window right now (24 months). Meanwhile, your JSS also incorporates how many clients would recommend you which is a lifetime score--no project ever falls out of that calculation. As for the Top Rated badge, it requires (among other things) maintaining a JSS of 90% or higher for 13 out of the prevoius 16 weeks and 12-month earnings of at least $1,000.

Upwork is built for FLs who are actively working and earning money--for themselves and for the platform. If you go dark for an extended period of time, then your job history is almost certain to slide and you have to build it back the hard way. Sadly, there are no shortcuts.

asryantigran95
Community Member

I have an issue of JSS, my JSS got low, I haven't used my profile for more than a year and my JSS was 100% and I had top rated badge, now I wanted to continue working on Upwork, but logging in I discovered that my JSS got low to 67%, and I want to understand why? As JSS is being updated once 2 weeks, so if I haven't used my profile, it can't be connected with bad feedback, so please help me to solve!

The JSS score is in a moving window (6/12/24 month i think) so as some good feedback drops out of that window it could cause your feedback to change. If you start doing more work then it may well go up pretty quickly as im sure i read that it takes the best score of either 6/12/24 months

Tigran A wrote:

I have an issue of JSS, my JSS got low, I haven't used my profile for more than a year and my JSS was 100% and I had top rated badge, now I wanted to continue working on Upwork, but logging in I discovered that my JSS got low to 67%, and I want to understand why? As JSS is being updated once 2 weeks, so if I haven't used my profile, it can't be connected with bad feedback, so please help me to solve!

Or, you can wait a day or so and try asking again.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/JSS-got-low-because-of-passiveness-of-mine/td-p/648634

It seems this is a repeat question and many people have already tried to offer advice - the one thing you are not seeming to answer though.....

go to your MY STATS page.... (found under find work tab)

look for the line that says "CLIENTS THAT WOULD RECOMMEND ME"

what is the % number for that line? If it is lower than 100% then 'some'/'a' clents have left you less than perfect private feedback and that IS why your JSS is now lower.

I want to contact Upwork support for this, that's why I'm asking again

If you want people to help you, why do you avoid answering the question of the % of clients who would recommend you?

Upwork support answered you several times in the last thresd you started,

Many people stated the reason that your JSS has dropped,

Many people asked the one factor we are not sure of (the People that would recommend me %) - You failed to reply to this one request multiple times....

Everyone INCLUDING support are trying to help you, but you wont answer the question so im not sure what you expect!

Jonathan H wrote:

I'm not sure what you expect!

He expects to carry on asking until he finds someone who agrees with him and then miraculously increases his JSS.

Petra R wrote:

Jonathan H wrote:

I'm not sure what you expect!

He expects to carry on asking until he finds someone who agrees with him and then miraculously increases his JSS.

How silly of me! your right!!!

Tigran, as a member with high earnings your JSS should not possibly have gone down - just complete some more jobs and watch it pop right back up 🙂

(of course i dont actually speak for upwork and this is not neccesarily true, but is hopefully the response you are hoping for given that you have been answered several times)

I can't contact Upwork support via live chat, anyone can help me?

assuming this is the same reason as the last 2 posts everyone (including upwork) keeps trying to help. But you wont answer the question.

Tigran A wrote:

You are not top rated, so you don't have access to live chat

If you had access to live chat, they would tell you exactly the same thing we told you repeatedly previously about why your job success score is what it is.

Thanks for replies, but don't you think maybe I have some another issues that's why I want to talk to upwork support?
Thanks everyone

no

Tigran A wrote:

but don't you think maybe I have some another issues that's why I want to talk to upwork support?

No  😉 Nobody does.

Especially not when you posted this in your repeat "My JSS has dropped" thread

something else lol.jpg

Tigran A wrote:

Here is more help for you to disregard:

1. Stop spaming;

2. Use search on this community to find some VERY inspiring threads of how some people managed to raise their JSS. Read those. Be insipired, allow yourself to feel it's ALL in your hands (opposed to someone else being at fault);

3. Freelance.

Thanks

Tigran:

As an Upwork user, you are very fortunate because the Upwork Community Forum is one of the most helpful, active, useful corporate forums you will find anywhere.

Feel free to take advantage of it. There are knowledgeable Upwork users - clients and freelancers, and also Upwork employees - who are here around the clock, willing to answer any kind of question that other users have.

This is a supportive, friendly place. It can take a little bit of getting used to at first, but once you have participated in the Forum a little bit, you will see that it is one of the fasted, most comprehensive ways to get customer service that you will find on any company's website. Especially considering the cost to use the Forum (free!).

Preston H wrote:

As an Upwork user, you are very fortunate because the Upwork Community Forum is one of the most helpful, active, useful corporate forums you will find anywhere.

He's already had his answers on the forum. He did not like them

re: "He's already had his answers on the forum. He did not like them"

Good point.

Anyone who uses the Forum should appreciate hearing the truth about how things are, rather than only being told what they want to hear.

Hi Tigran,

It looks like you already have an support ticket with our team where one of our agents provided requested information. If you still have some concerns or questions, feel free to contact support or let us know here in the Community and we'll further assist.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths