Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS issue

debi-f
Community Leader
Debora F Member Since: Nov 3, 2010
11 of 23

If Upwork is wanting to help us, it should send us the private feedback and let us know if there was something wrong in our perfomrance, so we could improve. But, instead, Upwork rate us badly, and the client is not rated. I check the clients history before bidding, but Upwork doesn´t rate the clients the same way as it rates us, the providers. 

I work for more than 8 years here (Elance, Odesk), I have done more than 400 jobs with excellent results and, in the last 2 weeks my JSS went down to 88%. Most clients now ask for 90% JSS. I see providers that have done 20 jobs an have a higher rate than mine that I work for Upwork for 9 years with excellent results!!?? So, Upwork is really prejudicing me. Really UNFAIR.  

debi-f
Community Leader
Debora F Member Since: Nov 3, 2010
12 of 23

I agree that is really unfair and a bad rating system.

I work for more than 8 years here (it was Elance), I have done more than 400 jobs with excellent results, as you can see in my profile, and in the last 2 weeks my JSS is 88%... really UNFAIR. 

nnedeljkov
Nenad N Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
13 of 23

Yes, unforgettable Elance. Well, the same problem here;  recently I had possibly the best period ever, for years I'm a Top rated and now I'm on 88%, and there is no way for me to find out what is going on here. I made a contact with the support but there is no any demystification actually. The possible reason could be the private feedback system. In that case, it means, and it is quite possible, that someone leaves 5 stars as an external feedback with a great satisfaction for the finalized project but for example 1  as a private feedback?  Of course, that is an unfair situation. And even more, that could make a kind of paranoia on both sides, no kidding. You can't simply improve yourself, your work and your communication with a client if you don't have a clue what goes wrong. 
That is my opinion at least.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 23

@Nenad N wrote:

Well, the same problem here;  recently I had possibly the best period ever, for years I'm a Top rated and now I'm on 88%, and there is no way for me to find out what is going on here

If you have only just lost your top rated status (last Update on Sunday) you can still use your perk.

Unless you had any contracts end without any payment or become "toxic idle" (2-3 months without ever having been paid) it should be quite easy to figure out which contract did it, considering that only one closed in November.

You can still exclude that (or any) contract from your metrics if you act quickly using your perk, provided you haven't used it in the last 3 months and 10 contracts.

nnedeljkov
15 of 23

Seems that is not possible to "still use your perk" as you said; I've received the message yesterday that I am "no longer qualify as a Top Rated freelancer on Upwork".
In Upwork eligibility,  clearly stands that " * You can't request to have feedback removed if you were removed from the Top Rated program due to a suspension or Terms of Service violation." I only need that kind of problem in the situation.
So no, I can't do that.
And probably, as you noticed well, my client from November did it but  I don't have a clue why would do such a thing. I'm working here for a long time and I' m not a guy with low experience (although I noticed that stand I'm a member since 2015 which is also strange and I don't understand that neither. I was working on Elance and Odesk platform from 2010.) 

petra_r
Community Guru
16 of 23

@Nenad N wrote:

Seems that is not possible to "still use your perk" as you said; I've received the message yesterday that I am "no longer qualify as a Top Rated freelancer on Upwork".
In Upwork eligibility,  clearly stands that " * You can't request to have feedback removed if you were removed from the Top Rated program due to a suspension or Terms of Service violation."

Did you lose your Top rated status due to  a suspension or Terms of Service violation? Or because you dropped below 90%?

If it was because you dropped below 90% then you CAN use your perk provided you request to do so within 7 14 days of losing the status.

feedback removal.jpg

nnedeljkov
17 of 23

Thanks a lot for the info

petra_r
Community Guru
18 of 23

@Nenad N wrote:

Thanks a lot for the info

You're welcome.

To address your other point:

The "member since" thing on your forum profile means you've been a member of the forum since 2015, not how long ago you joined Upwork / oDesk / Elance.

nnedeljkov
19 of 23

Hi, I'm not talking about the forum but my profile

petra_r
Community Guru
20 of 23

@Nenad N wrote:

Hi, I'm not talking about the forum but my profile

Seriously? That is your employment history, which you yourself filled in, Upwork didn't.

So if you made a mistake when you completed your employment history, go to your profile and edit it.

edit emplyoment history.jpg

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS