🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What's my JSS?
Page options
joansands
Community Member

JSS on stats does not agree with JSS on profile

I know that JSS scores were updated today - but my stats JSS score does not agree with the score on my profile. The stats score is lower and it affects any proposal I might make that requires a higher score, which I have on my profile. Is this because it just takes time for Upwork to get updated?

34 REPLIES 34
petra_r
Community Member

Joan S wrote:

I know that JSS scores were updated today - but my stats JSS score does not agree with the score on my profile.

It updates in stages. Never take anything as final until late afternoon / early evening UTC

Whatever is "new" (different to before) is the new score. Your profile says 88%

Thanks, Petra. I was hoping I would get a reply from you.

However, my profile says 91% and my stats say 88%. I'm hoping the stats will get updated to agree. I was at 91% and then got down to 88% a couple of weeks ago. I have only been on Upwork for 4 months and my goal is to get to 100% for JSS. Hope I make it.

Joan S wrote:

Thanks, Petra. I was hoping I would get a reply from you.

However, my profile says 91% and my stats say 88%. I'm hoping the stats will get updated to agree. I was at 91% and then got down to 88% a couple of weeks ago. I have only been on Upwork for 4 months and my goal is to get to 100% for JSS. Hope I make it.

Give it a bit of time, it'll fully update in a few hours.

100% is the worst, because from there, the only way is down 😉

OK - I'll wait. Sometimes it is difficult not to be impatient. And I love your comment about 100%.  🙂

Petra R wrote:

Ain't that the truth. I was pretty relaxed about my JSS score when it was 98%; since I've been at 100%, I have mild anxiety attacks every time a client closes a project.

Christine A wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Ain't that the truth. I was pretty relaxed about my JSS score when it was 98%; since I've been at 100%, I have mild anxiety attacks every time a client closes a project.

I was at 100% for what feels like forever, then got arrogant and ignored clear, loud warning bells which were waving biiiiig red flags twice in the last 2 weeks.

Currently trying to decide which of the ignored red-flag-waving-warning-bell-ringing contracts to use the perk on.

Lesson re-learned... When your gut tells you to walk away: Get walking.

Petra R wrote:

I was at 100% for what feels like forever, then got arrogant and ignored clear, loud warning bells which were waving biiiiig red flags twice in the last 2 weeks.

Currently trying to decide which of the ignored red-flag-waving-warning-bell-ringing contracts to use the perk on.

Lesson re-learned... When your gut tells you to walk away: Get walking.

I've never had to use the perk but I think that I'm going to need it very, very soon. I recently finished a very difficult project for a very - ahem - "challenging" client, and now I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the fallout. 😞

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Mine is wonky too. I expected a hit because I recently had a jerk client skip out and close the contract and left no feedback, but had a perfect client just before that so I'm not sure where it will end up.I emailed support to check it because something is off anyway.  

Cairenn R wrote:

Mine is wonky too. I expected a hit because I recently had a jerk client skip out and close the contract and left no feedback, but had a perfect client just before that so I'm not sure where it will end up.I emailed support to check it because something is off anyway.  

Clients can't close a contract without leaving feedback, so there is definitely feedback on the contract. Unless you're just talking about verbal feedback based on what you submitted, and I'd say that's pretty normal when someone isn't happy. They just disappear.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Under the contract where it says "Client feedback" it says N/A. Never saw that before.

There's a longer story that I won't go into. Client was a problem from the beginning, never should have accepted her offer. Lesson learned. UW rep told her to cancel the contract. Pretty miffed about that but water under the bridge. 

Cairenn R wrote:

Under the contract where it says "Client feedback" it says N/A. Never saw that before.

There's a longer story that I won't go into. Client was a problem from the beginning, never should have accepted her offer. Lesson learned. UW rep told her to cancel the contract. Pretty miffed about that but water under the bridge. 

So nothing was paid? And yes, she left feedback. Private feedback.

I had a similar situation. I should have known when she said she couldn't use the work of any of the previous translators.

We live and learn.

N/A means that no public feedback was left if nothing was paid. But she left private feedback when closing the contract.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

An UW rep told her she couldn't add any more to escrow and to close the contract, start a new one. She couln't figure it out. Tried to help her, but she just would not listen and she thought I should somehow magically fix it for her. 

I spent more time explaining Escrow, referring her to UW support and dealing with her drama, so I had to make a choice. The right choice was to fire her, refund the 1st milestone and take a hit. Sometimes it really isn't worth the money and you have to be willing cut it loose and move on. 

I'm great at what I do and there are better clients. I always bounce back. 

Cairenn R wrote:

I had to make a choice. The right choice was to fire her, refund the 1st milestone and take a hit. Sometimes it really isn't worth the money and you have to be willing cut it loose and move on. 

I'm great at what I do and there are better clients. I always bounce back. 

I needed to hear that today. YES.

Sometimes we just have to fire the odd client. In my case, it was my own fault to ignore the signs. It *WAS* kinda bad luck to ignore the signs (and they were there so loud and clear) twice in one update period. I had become a bit complacent, thinking "Oh never mind, if it goes wrong I'll just use my perk!"

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Thanks Petra. I value your opinion here on the forums. 

I have the satisfaction of learning today that the only 2 bad clients I've ever had have both failed to find anyone else to complete their projects. Karma is spelled ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Onward. 

Cairenn R wrote:

Mine is wonky too. I expected a hit because I recently had a jerk client skip out and close the contract and left no feedback.

A client can not close a contract without leaving feedback. It is impossible.  If nothing was paid, no *public*feedback can be left, but private feedback will have been left for certain.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

I know that - that's why it looks strange with the N/A under it. 

Petra - If I close a contract, can a client leave feedback? When I was first starting 4 months ago I had 2 clients who paid but never left feedback and, after a while, I asked both if they wanted any further work. Never heard from either in response, so I closed both contracts. Now I am wondering if that hurt me. What do you think?

Joan S wrote:

1) Petra - If I close a contract, can a client leave feedback?

2) When I was first starting 4 months ago I had 2 clients who paid but never left feedback and, after a while, I asked both if they wanted any further work. Never heard from either in response, so I closed both contracts.

3) Now I am wondering if that hurt me. What do you think?

1) Yes, they can, but you would see it if they did.

2) Avoid having a huge number of such contracts, but a few don't hurt,  as long as some money has been paid.

3) Nope. It didn't.

Thanks, Petra. Upwork should be paying you for your expertise! 🙂

Petra - Can you tell me how long it took you to get started on Upwork - and did you ever get discouraged in your early days?  I ask because I do get discouraged sometimes, having only started four months ago. I have found, though, that the community discussions are very helpful and I probably should have started coming here sooner.    Joan

Joan S wrote:

Petra - Can you tell me how long it took you to get started on Upwork - and did you ever get discouraged in your early days?

Not really, to be honest, but  that was a totally different time and back then I was freelancing alongside a full-time job, so that was a totally different situation back then.  It is all probably harder for newbies these days because there is more competition. It took me a couple of years to build up to a full-time income and it was, and still is, at times, stressful.

Thanks - that is really helpful. It is very competitive, I find, but I am hoping the new connects arrangement will help. I am still waiting to find out when I will go on the new connects. My new month starts June 1 and I have heard nothing.

This is still an issue. Any info on when will it display it properly? (yes, I've deleted browser cache/cookies already)
brassio_miles
Community Member

Why is My Profile JSS different from My Stats JSS?

I have the same problem. Go with what is on your profile and wait for Stats to get updated.

Hi Brassio, 

The statistics on your My Stats page should be updated within 24-hours (UTC timezone). Let us know if this doesn't happen automatically and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

My stats JS is still different from the JS on my profile. However, active candacies have told me that my lower stats JS is what appears on my profile even though when I look at my profile it has a far higher JS.

Hi Ridge,

I checked and it seems that both the 'My Stats' page and your profile page are showing the same JSS. Please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
worksfather
Community Member

Hello,

I was 86% and that was changed to 100% yesterday on my profile. But on my Stats page, it's still 86%. I don't understand.

Can someone explain it to me please?
Thank you

Enan Modeste Igor W wrote:

Hello,

I was 86% and that was changed to 100% yesterday on my profile. But on my Stats page, it's still 86%. I don't understand.

Ignore your My Stats page for the time being, it is buggy

Petra R wrote:

Ignore your My Stats page for the time being, it is buggy

Hi Petra, That's what I'm thinking. But since yesterday that hasn't changed. And I still can't submit to the job with a +90% condition, without being notified.

Upwork.. When your update actually do more damage than benefit 😂
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We have a known issue with JSS showing different numbers on My Stats page and on profiles. Our engineers are already working on fixing it as soon as possible.

Sorry about any inconvenience this has caused you.

UPDATE: the issue should now be resolved and JSS on profiles and My Stats page should be synchronized. Let us know if you continue experiencing issues.

~ Valeria
Upwork
maxsimagination
Community Member

My JSS on my profile and my stats are different. My JSS wasn't due to update for 4 more days, but it's now 1 percentage point lower on my profile page. For years I was at 100%, then it dropped to 98% and I've been doing my darnest to get it back to 100%. I'd appreciate any insite.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths