cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS on stats does not agree with JSS on profile

This widget could not be displayed.
11 of 34

Under the contract where it says "Client feedback" it says N/A. Never saw that before.

There's a longer story that I won't go into. Client was a problem from the beginning, never should have accepted her offer. Lesson learned. UW rep told her to cancel the contract. Pretty miffed about that but water under the bridge. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 34

Cairenn R wrote:

Under the contract where it says "Client feedback" it says N/A. Never saw that before.

There's a longer story that I won't go into. Client was a problem from the beginning, never should have accepted her offer. Lesson learned. UW rep told her to cancel the contract. Pretty miffed about that but water under the bridge. 

So nothing was paid? And yes, she left feedback. Private feedback.

I had a similar situation. I should have known when she said she couldn't use the work of any of the previous translators.

We live and learn.

N/A means that no public feedback was left if nothing was paid. But she left private feedback when closing the contract.

13 of 34

An UW rep told her she couldn't add any more to escrow and to close the contract, start a new one. She couln't figure it out. Tried to help her, but she just would not listen and she thought I should somehow magically fix it for her. 

I spent more time explaining Escrow, referring her to UW support and dealing with her drama, so I had to make a choice. The right choice was to fire her, refund the 1st milestone and take a hit. Sometimes it really isn't worth the money and you have to be willing cut it loose and move on. 

I'm great at what I do and there are better clients. I always bounce back. 

petra_r
Community Guru
14 of 34

Cairenn R wrote:

I had to make a choice. The right choice was to fire her, refund the 1st milestone and take a hit. Sometimes it really isn't worth the money and you have to be willing cut it loose and move on. 

I'm great at what I do and there are better clients. I always bounce back. 

I needed to hear that today. YES.

Sometimes we just have to fire the odd client. In my case, it was my own fault to ignore the signs. It *WAS* kinda bad luck to ignore the signs (and they were there so loud and clear) twice in one update period. I had become a bit complacent, thinking "Oh never mind, if it goes wrong I'll just use my perk!"

15 of 34

Thanks Petra. I value your opinion here on the forums. 

I have the satisfaction of learning today that the only 2 bad clients I've ever had have both failed to find anyone else to complete their projects. Karma is spelled ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Onward. 

petra_r
Community Guru
16 of 34

Cairenn R wrote:

Mine is wonky too. I expected a hit because I recently had a jerk client skip out and close the contract and left no feedback.

A client can not close a contract without leaving feedback. It is impossible.  If nothing was paid, no *public*feedback can be left, but private feedback will have been left for certain.

17 of 34

I know that - that's why it looks strange with the N/A under it. 

joansands
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
18 of 34

Petra - If I close a contract, can a client leave feedback? When I was first starting 4 months ago I had 2 clients who paid but never left feedback and, after a while, I asked both if they wanted any further work. Never heard from either in response, so I closed both contracts. Now I am wondering if that hurt me. What do you think?

petra_r
Community Guru
19 of 34

Joan S wrote:

1) Petra - If I close a contract, can a client leave feedback?

2) When I was first starting 4 months ago I had 2 clients who paid but never left feedback and, after a while, I asked both if they wanted any further work. Never heard from either in response, so I closed both contracts.

3) Now I am wondering if that hurt me. What do you think?

1) Yes, they can, but you would see it if they did.

2) Avoid having a huge number of such contracts, but a few don't hurt,  as long as some money has been paid.

3) Nope. It didn't.

joansands
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
20 of 34

Thanks, Petra. Upwork should be paying you for your expertise! Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS