🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS questions
Page options
annazatsepina
Community Member

JSS questions

Hi Upwork Community,

I have a few questions about a some contracts of mine and how they may potentially affect my JSS.

1. I have a contract with a client, who has sent me a document to proofread back in December. We have discussed the details and I have accepted his offer on an hourly basis. Since the offer was made around Christmas Holidays, I told the client that I will get back to him in 1 week. He then messaged me again and asked me to wait and not to proofread the document yet, as he was making a few updates. I did not mind waiting for his updates and I did not charge him anything, since I have not started the proofreading yet. He then disappeared and stopped responding to my messages. Since it has been a while now, I am thinking about closing our contract but not sure how it would affect the JSS. Would it be best to keep it open in case if the client ever re-appears or to close it?

2. I have another client who is my long-term client and I have worked on a few contracts for her before. She has set up a contract with several milestones for me but after the first milestone (for which she has paid me), she has confessed that her company is not doing well and she would not require any further work for now. Would it be okay to close a contract with one unpaid milestone? Or should I also just keep it open, in case if she gets back to me later on?

Thank you for any information.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Anna Z wrote:

I have a few questions about a some contracts of mine and how they may potentially affect my JSS.

1, I am thinking about closing our contract but not sure how it would affect the JSS

2. Would it be okay to close a contract with one unpaid milestone?

1. Close it. It will have no effect on your JSS, unless the client were to leave bad (private) feedback for you.

2. The same. Unpaid milestones don't hurt the JSS. The contract would only have a negative effect on your JSS if the client left poor feedback.

Thanks a lot for clarifying!!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths