Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS score mysteriously drops 1 point to 99

Highlighted
Community Leader
Russell T Member Since: Jul 25, 2015
1 of 33

Since joining Upwork from Elance my JS score has been at 100%. All of a sudden I have had a drop of a point out of nowhere. The funny thing is I have had more 5 star reviews since moving to Upwork so this point drop makes no sense to me at all.  So the only thing I can think of is I had one or two without a feedback. Non-feedback means nothing to the overall success of a project so why is it a factor in JS score?  SMH this score is complete rubbish. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 33

No feedback does have a slight negative effect on the JSS.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 33

What people seem to forget is that stuff falls out of the 6, 12, and 24 month windows on top of calculating new things. If you have somethign awesome fall out of these windows it can affect things. Also consider that they take the best out of the 3 ranges, so maybe something bad killed your highest score so they are taking another range that doesn't calculate as high.

Mine went up by 2 points which is great cuz I'm about to take a huge hit on a terrible contract this month. I think 2 cancellations fell out of my 1 year range this update, which is cool.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 33

I totally expected this to be a parody thread.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
5 of 33

@Tiffany S wrote:

I totally expected this to be a parody thread.

Headings of at least three JSS threads include the word "mysteriously." I thought maybe it was the word of the day. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
6 of 33
I have had more 5 star reviews in the last 3 months then the whole of last year check it out.
Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 33

Your last closed contract doesn't have feedback.

Highlighted
Community Leader
8 of 33
should it?
Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 33

Btw, you have lots of non-feedback contracts. Your JSS can't have been 100% all the time?

It must have been fluctuating by several percents now and then.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
10 of 33

My JSS has dropped from 95% to 94% as well. No closed contracts, no new feedback, a big hourly contract going on and counting hours (supposed to be positive for JSS) and some dormant contracts. What is the cause? The dormant ones?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS