Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS score mysteriously drops 1 point to 99

Highlighted
Community Leader
Russell T Member Since: Jul 25, 2015
11 of 33
It has been at a 100% for many months up until now.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
12 of 33

I have counted 4 new forum threads today (including this one) about JSS dropping. 
Are we all just having a bad day or being experimented on?
We need answers, now.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 33

@Gabor K wrote:

I have counted 4 new forum threads today (including this one) about JSS dropping. 
Are we all just having a bad day or being experimented on?
We need answers, now.

No, it happens every update Sunday. People come here to QQ that it dropped by 1 point. Big deal. As long as you stay above 90, it's all good in the hood. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Javier M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
14 of 33

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
15 of 33

Russell, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Another couple of jobs and the green circle will close again.

Although I think there should be a benchmark of excellence, Upwork could not have thought up a better way to unfairly undermine its freelancers than with the present rating set-up.

Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 33

Yep. The aforementioned question should go live. "Overall, are you satisfied with the work of this freelancer?"
Yes/No. Then include plus and minus points for that on the profile.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
17 of 33

@Gabor K wrote:

Yep. The aforementioned question should go live. "Overall, are you satisfied with the work of this freelancer?"
Yes/No. Then include plus and minus points for that on the profile.

That would make it pretty hard to separate the great from the passable. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 33

Tiffany, we have a very popular page here in Hungary, which is for small ads, buying/selling tech stuff. The plus/minus point system has been there for more than 10 years and serves it purpose perfectly. Everyone knows, that 50+ plus points is very good, 100 is great and there shall be none (or very few) minuses. And it's totally transparent.
JSS is an overcomplicated system, which neither freelancers, nor clients do know well (and can't, since the real formula is closed off from public view). So there are millions of people making business based on a non-transparent system - kind of reminds me signing a contract with closed eyes (and no chance to read it before). 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
19 of 33

Gabor, it seems absurd to me to compare the rating of someone putting a product in a box and sending it to you with that of a web designer or a writer. "Did you get your thing in working order in a reasonable period of time?"is a yes/no question. 

How good a job someone did with a creative endeavour, how easy or difficult they were to work with over a week or three weeks or six months, how much initiative they took versus waiting for specific instructions at every turn, etc. are not.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Russell T Member Since: Jul 25, 2015
20 of 33

I am certainly not going to lose sleep over this but this rating system is just very flawed. Lets take my last job that had no feedback. I pulled an all weekend rush for the client and they were thrilled with the outcome. It was for an email campaign and they were in crunch time trying to get it out the door. I would assume this is why no feedback was given and I completely understand. Should that be a negative reflection of a job completed successfully? NO, NO and NO! 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS